• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forums Greatest Dustups Poll/Discussion
3 3

176 posts in this topic

Get over it and provide me with your price list!

I agree. I have to plan my trip to the recycling plant around it.

27_laughing.gif

Every book is for sale for ten thousand dollars...if they don't sell by this weekend, I'll have to reconsider my pricing scheme!

Get over it and provide me with your price list!

I agree. I have to plan my trip to the recycling plant around it.

27_laughing.gif

Every book is for sale for ten thousand dollars...if they don't sell by this weekend, I'll have to reconsider my pricing scheme!

Since your source was poached from under you, what really do you have to offer?

No one remembers the JC vs. Brulato face down? Neither participant covered themselves in glory...

WOW. Wish I could read THAT one......got a link? Sounds like Ali v. Frazier!

No one remembers the JC vs. Brulato face down? Neither participant covered themselves in glory...

Find it yourself!

I remember ripping on the QP of the 9.6 he was selling & arguing that the perfectly centered 9.4 that was also on Ebay was the better choice.

Then came the " Do you guys even own a NM copy of X-MEN 94? "

Followed by the inevitable BSD COMIC LIST post.

Good thread.

Brad, surprised you haven't read it before. It's been referenced numerous times. Here it is. It starts out innocuously enough, and then Brulato jumps in, and then it just deteriorates.

Yeah I remember those threads. Not really proud about flying of the handle like that, usually takes more than that to pi$$ me of.

I have to say I am not so proud myself. I am not usually like that at all. I guess everyone may have some days that just are not their best. tonofbricks.gif

I will not make excuses for my behavior but at that time I was going through some rough stuff (i.e.. My dad and his cancer treatments)

It is done and over with and I will say publicly what I said to Niko's in private that I am very sorry for the out of line comments.

Find it yourself!

Having to type real words and sentences making you cranky? poke2.gif

Find it yourself!

Having to type real words and sentences making you cranky? poke2.gif

Nope...you guys just couldn't decipher my previous posts that were graemlin related!

It is done and over with and I will say publicly what I said to Niko's in private that I am very sorry for the out of line comments.

I agree. Done. I didn't reference it to embarrass you, but because of the histrionics on several sides. It was memorable for a number of reasons.

Best, Red Hook flowerred.gif

Brad, surprised you haven't read it before. It's been referenced numerous times. Here it is. It starts out innocuously enough, and then Brulato jumps in, and then it just deteriorates.

Thanks for the link Tim. I may very well have read it before, but I'll reread with mucho anticipation.

I agree. Done. I didn't reference it to embarrass you, but because of the histrionics on several sides. It was memorable for a number of reasons.

Best, Red Hook flowerred.gif

I know that you were not trying to embarass me. I mean it is embarrassing I won't even read it because I can't believe that I even would type such things. I do agree however that it is memorable for several reasons.

Oh and flowerred.gif

Bella

Nope...you guys just couldn't decipher my previous posts that were graemlin related!

Are you saying we're just a bunch of low-brow reprobates!?!? mad.gif

Here's one for you Mr. Memory - who was the user that came on board for a short period of time and told everyone he'd already forgotten more about the hobby than the rest of the board ever knew in the first place, and promptly went a few rounds with the regulars before leaving (banned?). I believe his user ID began with a P... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks for the link Tim. I may very well have read it before, but I'll reread with mucho anticipation.

Just read through the first 10 pages of the thread. WOW. Vat' a Pissa'!

Are you saying we're just a bunch of low-brow reprobates!?!? mad.gif

Here's one for you Mr. Memory - who was the user that came on board for a short period of time and told everyone he'd already forgotten more about the hobby than the rest of the board ever knew in the first place, and promptly went a few rounds with the regulars before leaving (banned?). I believe his user ID began with a P... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Care to elaborate?

Just read through the first 10 pages of the thread. WOW. Vat' a Pissa'!

Let me replay a few highlights for everyone, with some commentary from me:

Brulato: "Stop crying about the cut of the book or the centering and let the CGC do the job. That is why we have universal grading. Understand? That is a killer book plain and simple."

This was obviously Tom's 9.6 X-Men #94 that Jason Ewert was selling. It did not have great QP. Probably the first time I really started noticing QP.

JC: "This book sucks the sweat off a dead monkey's butt."

Still one of my favorite comments of all time.

JC: "Well, post your EBay ID and let us know when you've put your money where your mouth is."

Brulato: "Money where my mouth is? You might be suprised to know i own a 9.8 ASM #1 (yeah the one from 1963), a 9.8 X-MEN #1 9.4 FAN FOUR #1, 9.6 JIM #83, 9.6 TOS #39, 9.6 AVENGERS #1, 9.4 AMAZING FANTASY #15 9.6 DD #1 9.6 STRANGE TALES #101 9.6 TTA #35 and the highest graded copy of almost every other book in most of these runs. What do you own sonny?"

Possibly the most extreme display of vulgar chest thumping seen on these boards to date.

Old Guy: "Yea, I'm sure most of us would be surprised if you owned those books, especially considering you can't even spell 'suprised'."

Drbanner: "No Hulk 1?!?!? Worthless... "

Brulato: "good point...i own the only HULK #1 in 9.4"

JC: "Okay, now I know you're a shill. No one (other than a bong-smoking 12-year old) could post like that with a straight face. Jigs up. Est. time to Dena deleting account... T-minus 24 minutes."

famous last words

sborock: "This is not a shill account. Hi Tom"

Interestingly, Steve doesn't feel compelled to chide Tom for his uncouth behavior. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

JC: "That's strange, I never got the opinion that Tom was such a 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif. Live and learn I guess."

Brulato: "How long have you been on this forum about "funny books"? I just heard you collect BYRNE X-MEN. wow what a player."