• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Carrie Fisher (Good Bye Leia)

64 posts in this topic

Damn I thought she was recovering.

Hurts when your childhood heroes pass on.

Exactly...as if we needed a reminder that our childhood ain't ever coming back, and losing one so important to your childhood is even worse.

I've said to my son for years now that the only two "celebrities" I will shed a tear for when they pass is Ace Frehley and Harrison Ford...well I was wrong.

Jim

I’ve always associated the first film with the start of my comic book obsession back in 1977, and there's an interlinked recollection of the excitement of that time. As other boardies have just pointed out, occurrences such as this one can make your teenage years feel so very distant.

A sad loss indeed. :(

Although she will forever be iconically connected with Star Wars, I will always fondly remember her role in the Blues Brothers as Jake's crazy GF. When Belushi makes all those excuses then drops her in the mud makes me crack up every time!

Thanks for the great memories Carrie! RIP! :angel:

Such a shame that as I look on line I see so many mean comments towards Carrie Fisher. People are already cracking jokes. I dont understand why. What makes her so the basis for jokes and ridicule and she isnt even buried yet. People are just awful.