• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which books would you purchase for $3000?

32 posts in this topic

I'd probably put it into OA, but as for comics I'd probably get the best ASM 1 I could.

undervalued but not for long

what is going to be the event that changes the price?

I agree I don't see ASM 1 exploding in value it will continue to rise but very very slowly like it has in the past few years (as everyone knows it is simply not AF15). Still a great book to own if you are a Spidey fan (it is for sure a mega key book and always will be).

I would still very much like to own one but it would not be for investment purposes that is for sure. There are simply better books to own than ASM 1 if making money is your thing (and to me there is nothing wrong with that.....you can be both a true collector and still enjoy seen your books increase in value.....why not enjoy the best of both worlds).

Some of the books I would consider better investments in your price range are a low grade FF1, SC22, TTA 27, Action Comics 225, 242 and 252, OOAW 83 and so on. There are also some nice GA books as well to consider (but none of the mega keys most likely a popular cover would be your best bet). As for bronze age I would either go with Hulk 181 or Cerebus 1 (only 2000 where made many have been destroyed so it is a scarce book compared to other books from this age.....I paid 1250$ for a CGC 8.0 white pages a few months back and there are not many in higher grade that that.....if you take your time you will most likely find one in the same grade and with the same paper quality for less money). Best bet if you chose that route would be a Cerebus 1 CGC 8.0 and the highest graded Hulk 181 you can get with the remaining 2000$ or so you would have left.

Here is a nice looking Hulk 181 CGC 8.5 on ComicLink with a BIN of 2750$ or best offer:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dhulk%2B181%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1135173

And here is a CGC 6.5 Hulk 181 with white pages again threw ComicLink with a BIN of 1650$ or best offer (this would be perfect with a Cerebus 1 CGC 8.0):

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dhulk%2B181%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1135021

Truth be old we will all have various opinions but this is mine.

The best looking low grade FF1 I could find it is after all #3 on the top 50 SA books of all time. I also agree that Daredevil #1 is still undervalued!! But if I had to chose between the two I would for sure go after a low grade FF1.

This

But I'm an FF guy