Did a boardie buy this Captain America Comics #1 today?

43 posts in this topic

9,590 posts
Any reason this would get a qualified label?

I wouldn't think so, at least not as a result of the piece missing from the centerfold. Given the condition of the rest of the book, the piece missing from the centerfold probably doesn't bring down the overall grade a whole lot, so I wouldn't think CGC would put it in a qualified label on its own (perhaps CGC would put it in a qualified slab if the slabber requested it, but I would think that it would be better to blue label it, rather than to put it in a qualified label with a slightly higher grade).

Just my two cents.

Right no matter what always go with lower grade blue slab.

Not necessarily so.

I believe it's really more dependent on the specific defect in question and the condition of the book without this particular defect.

For example, if you have an otherwise VF/NM book without a coupon clipped out of the book, I believe that a Green Qualified 9.0 label would tell you a lot more about the book than a 0.5 Blue Universal label would. hm

In this particular case with the Cap 1 and the missing piece in the centerfold, I would go with the Blue label as the overall condition for the rest of the book should not probably result in much of a downgrade on the book. (thumbs u

12,477 posts

You can always request to cgc to not give your book the higher green label grade in favor of a lower blue label grade.

7,083 posts
You can always request to cgc to not give your book the higher green label grade in favor of a lower blue label grade.

(thumbs u

I'm glad I have my restored copy.