• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do you read?

39 posts in this topic

I do the majority of my reading in bed before I sleep for the night.

Anyone else do the same?

Yes I do the same. It isn't good for me to do it though as I get very little reading done as I generally fall asleep right away when reading in bed.

Anyone else do the same?

Yes I do the same. It isn't good for me to do it though as I get very little reading done as I generally fall asleep right away when reading in bed.

I usually just prop some pillows up on my legs put the book there and read.

I have been looking for a better way though as this method is not working so well anymore.

Does anyone make a read in bed pillow? Or am I just getting to old for this way of reading?

Mostly on the can these days.

There. I said it.

I do some there, but I don't last long on the throne though as my legs go numb quickly. I know what Murtagh felt in Lethal Weapon 2....

I was serious. I mostly save my books for the coffee shop. It makes it more special somehow.

Anyone else do the same?

In a chair either my recliner or out on the patio with a cold one.

I quit reading in bed when I fell asleep and rolled on a Batman #7 (at least it was low grade to begin with).

In the winter I read beside my fireplace on the floor with my pet and also in bed but during the summer I try to spend as much time as I can outside at home and hopefully with some nice BBQ ribs, steaks or hamburgers going at the same time.....ah can't wait for that but I still have about 4 months before that happens again.

I also like reading on the bus on my way to and back from work. I no longer have a car the traffic drives me up the wall (stop, go, stop, go move 2 inches then repeat for almost 2 hours each way it's insane....the buses have their own lanes so they just keep moving and it takes about half the time) so now with the bus driver doing all the thinking I can't just enjoy my ride in peace. And also everything I need is nearby so why pay for a car I would not even use that much. I rather use those funds for my hobbies they make me way more happy in the end!!

Perfect example from the movie Office Space:

Edited by SupergirlDC1959

Anyone else do the same?

I do. Hence, why I mostly read using an iPad. No need for a separate reading light and I don't have to deal with shadows and glare on glossy pages. Also, automatic bookmarks and the iPad is pretty resilient if you happen to roll over it (digs into the skin, though).

Alas, the iPad does seem to mess up my sleeping patterns. I'd often go to sleep at 3am and have to wake up to get ready for work at 5am.

Printed media (comics or otherwise), I usually read during daytime (natural light) while lounging on the couch.

Anyone else do the same?

In bed, after waking up, because I've found that I then have a much stronger attention span.