• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,632 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, SushiX said:

wow! how did you find them with such deep color?!:luhv:

I'm picky and patient...:D  And I don't need high grade, but good color is a must...plus, most scanners do not scan well for color unless you use the adjustments in "professional mode,"so a lot of books that get posted actually have better color than what we see here on the boards.

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

17 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I'm picky and patient...:D  And I don't need high grade, but good color is a must...plus, most scanners do not scan well for color unless you use the adjustments in "professional mode,"so a lot of books that get posted actually have better color than what we see here on the boards.

I like it! :foryou:

3 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Last year I had a total of 17 FH comics.  Now there are 50.  When will the madness end?  You can see the new, expanded album at this link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48237384@N08/albums/72157699575771561

I love how they all look so vintage, with creases and tears and everything! Well done (thumbsu

On 2/2/2019 at 2:28 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Robotman sold me these pieces of junk...He told me they might be a good investment 50 years from now...hm  :whistle:

46899310402_c9d9e4bebc_c.jpg

Really expecting to live to 130? :preach:

On 2/2/2019 at 10:26 PM, Zolnerowich said:

Fight Comics #12

Splash page: Kayo Kirby

5289FFF7-6565-4985-9A3E-D9056BAEDD2B.thumb.jpeg.dc7ecb9806a4cf2eb2d84e6a92233050.jpeg

I think John Cullen Murphy (of Prince Valiant fame) did the comic strip version of this pug's adventures.

49 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I think John Cullen Murphy (of Prince Valiant fame) did the comic strip version of this pug's adventures.

Murphy co-created Big Ben Bolt. I don't recall that there was a newspaper version of Kayo Kirby.

Classic Comics Press ran a single volume collection of the strip before suspending it - https://www.classiccomicspress.com/products/john-cullen-murphys-big-ben-bolt

20 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Last year I had a total of 17 FH comics.  Now there are 50.  When will the madness end?  You can see the new, expanded album at this link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48237384@N08/albums/72157699575771561

purty books!!

hadn't thought about it, but between jumbo 9-50, closing in on wings 1-20, and a few random books, i've got a decent little pile of 'em as well.  

Edited by Straw-Man

Great group shots Danny! Friction House is sure addicting. Glad I started a LONG time ago. Other than Planet, I like to say I have all the ones I really want then one of those early ones or a great cover I overlooked comes up and I'm back on them. It's a wonderful addiction!