• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,750 posts in this topic

4699036696_31726bc06f_b.jpg

Just won on HA, and probably my final purchase from them too, is this Fight Comics #2, Feb 1940. It's the first time this issue has been shown here. Drawn by Will Eisner, the swastika cover misses being the first by one month (Top-Notch #2 from Jan 1940).

Also inside is a Fletcher Hanks story.

Anyone out there have any books with the same 'S.F.' stamp as this one?

I was watching that one last night. Very cool looking book.

C'mon. There must be one other book out there with the 'S.F.' stamp on the cover!

What's the cover-up? Have I stumbled onto a secret no mortal can fathom? First the 'Jack Grable ' All-Flash #3 mystery, and now this. Anyone?

Things are happening slowly these days, what with SD Con coming up, but I did manage to snag this one recently.

jumbo20.jpg

Just look at those firey eyes! :cloud9:

That's not a very big lion either. hm

:D

PlanetComics14.jpg

Just got this back from cgc. I was wondering if this is hard to find. It seems that there are only 4 in the cgc census, the lowest among the entire series.

I love this book.... :cloud9:

This is one of the top three Planets for me....Congrats!!! :applause:

I think it's among the rarest books to pick up in the Planet run (top 5 anyway), can't verify that, but I am always looking for this book, and I have only seen a few of these available in the last two years. I've seen more of almost every other issue. Maybe a more knowledgeable FH collector would like to weigh in on this this, but I think this info is correct??? (shrug)

Anyway....nice book.... (thumbs u

PS- Welcome To The Boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Edited by Blind Owl

PlanetComics14.jpg

Just got this back from cgc. I was wondering if this is hard to find. It seems that there are only 4 in the cgc census, the lowest among the entire series.

i like it. i like it alot.

I like it alot too.

Yes, it is difficult to find.

Check out my signature line to see what I am looking for :gossip:

There are several others on the board looking for it too.

Kelly

Thanks Fuelie.

I like chasing down the Ka'a'nga stories illustrated by Ruben Moreira before he took over the Tarzan strip. The funny thing is that in this story Ka'a'nga has a bad case of breadstick arms in many panels ... yet none of this was apparent on his Sunday strip. This is almost concurrent since the Jungle has a published date of August 1945 while Moreira took over Tarzan starting on Sunday Dec. 2 1945. Goes to show that when one has more time, the quality is vastly improved.

Moreira was a young 23 at the time!

I have in my collection a really handy little index for the Big Six at Fiction House... thought I would scan it and share it here...

FHGAI01.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/56298914/0118_Fiction_House_Comics_-_A_Golden_Age_Index__1978.Al_Dellinges___c2c.Cimmerian32_.cbr.html

Edited by Cimm