• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edgar Church Hits coming up on HA
1 1

321 posts in this topic

My focus, respective of the Church HITs, has been on two things, grade assigned and how that impacts prior graded books in my showcase collection.

FTFY

Nice fix from someone living in a bubble rather than on it. gw.gif

So basically you want the Church Hits but you can't afford them.

If you're reading that into my comments you should cut down on your weekend alcohol intake. hm

Oh the irony...

That's a better effort, but the jury's still out on goldust40.

Cheers! oregonian_winesmiley.gif

This from the guy who used to post pictures of himself raising a pint at every single bar he went to. :roflmao:

True enough, I raise full pints. So, you prefer being associated with half pints?

No wonder you're so quick to misjudge the motivations of others, ...your glass is always half empty! lol

Magnificent comeback. So Swiftian in its rapier-like subtlety. :roflmao:

Love the Red Dwarf reference. Timeslides,one of me fave episodes from series three :cloud9:

Mine as well. At 6 AM CST (Texas) my rapier repartee isn't swift, much less Swiftian. Alas, Goldust40's closing shot lacked the equivalent impact of Lester's Cat taking a dump in the final scene.

Nice effort though. gw.gif

I assume you mean Lister, and the scene you're referring to is from BACKWARDS, first episode, series three. :baiting:

Right you are; will correct immediately. More alcohol needed. :insane:

Obnoxious narcissism knows no boundaries.

Get used to it, in a few days that's the new reality. Meltdown margaritas from Mariano's recommended...

image_zpsxujqbonl.jpeg

You know, I prefer my margaritas from a traditional marg glass.

Edited: where the heck are the chips and salsa? It is illegal to drink maths in Colorado without chips and salsa

Edited by batman_fan

Get used to it, in a few days that's the new reality. Meltdown margaritas from Mariano's recommended...

image_zpsxujqbonl.jpeg

Shouldn't that picture post to 'The creepy looking dude thread', instead? (shrug)

My focus, respective of the Church HITs, has been on two things, grade assigned and how that impacts prior graded books in my showcase collection.

FTFY

Nice fix from someone living in a bubble rather than on it. gw.gif

So basically you want the Church Hits but you can't afford them.

If you're reading that into my comments you should cut down on your weekend alcohol intake. hm

Oh the irony...

That's a better effort, but the jury's still out on goldust40.

Cheers! oregonian_winesmiley.gif

This from the guy who used to post pictures of himself raising a pint at every single bar he went to. :roflmao:

True enough, I raise full pints. So, you prefer being associated with half pints?

No wonder you're so quick to misjudge the motivations of others, ...your glass is always half empty! lol

Magnificent comeback. So Swiftian in its rapier-like subtlety. :roflmao:

Love the Red Dwarf reference. Timeslides,one of me fave episodes from series three :cloud9:

Mine as well. At 6 AM CST (Texas) my rapier repartee isn't swift, much less Swiftian. Alas, Goldust40's closing shot lacked the equivalent impact of Lister's Cat taking a dump in the final scene of SDRAWKCAB.

Still somewhat better than your latest feeble, weaksauce effort. ;)

I was amused to learn recently that the great opera singer Florence Foster Jenkins was originally called Narcissa Foster Jenkins. I wonder why she changed it?

Of course, she couldn't sing a note - at least not in key.

Now what made me think of that? hm

Hard to know, you being teetotaler and all. :D

I was amused to learn recently that the great opera singer Florence Foster Jenkins was originally called Narcissa Foster Jenkins. I wonder why she changed it?

Of course, she couldn't sing a note - at least not in key.

Now what made me think of that? hm

Opera singer, huh - I bet her voice carried weight!

I saw the Hit run at jbcomicbox's place, back when it was still unslabbed. The books are spectacular in every way: colors, pages, ink reflectivity and structure. There is a small chance on a book or two that there will be a structurally nicer copy but, for my money, the chances of finding a more desirable one are about as good as the Astros winning the Superbowl.

But they're not truly nice until they have a self-determined eponymous sticker placed on them.

Who would be so completely dooshlike to do something like that? ???

I saw the Hit run at jbcomicbox's place, back when it was still unslabbed. The books are spectacular in every way: colors, pages, ink reflectivity and structure. There is a small chance on a book or two that there will be a structurally nicer copy but, for my money, the chances of finding a more desirable one are about as good as the Astros winning the Superbowl.

But they're not truly nice until they have a self-determined eponymous sticker placed on them.

lol Thanks, I really needed a good laugh this morning.

lol Yes, I assume Dan is making a joke, because I can't imagine anyone actually doing something so completely and utterly dooshworthy.

image_zpsxujqbonl.jpeg

That's funny, I had dinner at Mariano's tonight. No margaritas unfortunately.

Fun fact: Mariano's is credited with inventing the frozen margarita - apparently their original machine is in the Smithsonian...

Fun fact: Mariano's is credited with inventing the frozen margarita - apparently their original machine is in the Smithsonian...

True, they have the mock-up of the original frozen margarita machine above the service counter opposite the entrance.

BTW, that photo was taken in the bar around 2 PM today (yesterday, now), so you only missed bumping into us by a few hours. The Cilantro Tilapia is one of my favorites on Mariano's menu. Oh, and next time you dine there try the Meltdown (frozen margarita with Grand Marnier). (thumbs u

image_zpsxujqbonl.jpeg

No pictures so we don't believe you.