• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

I just watched it last night 

Dialogue seemed a little forced.

Emotional impact was directed, they are superheroes on dangerous missions, all of a sudden mystique is enraged at Charles because of a deadly mission? That seems strange.

But we have been spoiled with good dialogue and screen writing from Disney, so it's understandable their might be some disappointment with the -script.

Having said that.

I really enjoyed it, because I had so much junkfood to garner my attention with.

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

What a turd of a film. I just finished it.

Why cant they get this story right? One of the best all times stories in Marvel History
and they just cant get it right.

Marvel please teach them how to do it. 

c'mon, this would have been great if not for the: studio interference, casting an actress in the lead who's more wooden than a totem pole, relying on a director whose claim to fame was "saving" the Fantastic Four from Josh Trank - what an abortion

21 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

Watched it on a long flight, wow.  Last stand at least made me care enough to be mad.  This I was just apathetic.

11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

What a turd of a film. I just finished it.

Why cant they get this story right? One of the best all times stories in Marvel History
and they just cant get it right.

Marvel please teach them how to do it. 

Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the Dark Phoenix first filmed due to the acquisition by Disney. You know - due to 'Marvel' wanting to avoid disrupting its Captain Marvel project landing afterwards.

On 6/25/2019 at 7:13 AM, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately, with those forced Act 3 changes the film didn't get a chance to deliver that space event content more fitting to the story.

X-MEN DARK PHOENIX CONCEPT ART REVEALS CAPTAIN MARVEL ENDING

x-men-dark-phoenix-concept-art-captain-m

As if we needed more evidence that Disney Fox sabotaged the X-Men Dark Phoenix movie, now concept art has hit the net revealing the original ending was going to feature Sophie Turner as the cosmically-powered Phoenix blasting off into space.

Concept artist Houston Shark reveals the stellar concept art for Dark Phoenixon Instagram noting the change: "Jean Grey (@sophiet) Blasting Off into Space. This shot for the final sequence was changed a bit in the released film. More concept art from @darkphoenixmovie2019 toe! #xmen #jeangrey #sophieturner#marvel #fox #phoenix #art#illustration #fire #conceptart."

Regarding the similarity with the Captain Marvel movie, the end of Captain Marvel also saw Brie Larson's Carol Danvers become cosmically-powered and "blast off into space."

The similarities don't end there as Tye Sheridan also recently revealed the X-Men Dark Phoenix movie was going to feature the same villains as the Captain Marvel movie, with the Skrulls.

Fox Studios was also billing Dark Phoenix as the first "Marvel" movie starring a female superhero, but that went to Brie Larson and Captain Marvel when theDark Phoenix release date was changed for the second or third time.

:(

So now we get this passive-aggressive logic to celebrate. :insane:

7 hours ago, paperheart said:

c'mon, this would have been great if not for the: studio interference, casting an actress in the lead who's more wooden than a totem pole, relying on a director whose claim to fame was "saving" the Fantastic Four from Josh Trank - what an abortion

And let's not forget that wonderful interview with the EVP of Marvel Studios, Victoria Alonso. You know, from the 'Marvel that gets it!'

“It’s funny that people call it the X-Men. There’s a lot of female superheroes in that X-Men group, so I think it’s outdated.”

The comic book series Stan Lee created that since its inception in 1963 has been comprised of FEMALE and MALE teammates? That X-Men. (:

Edited by Bosco685

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the Dark Phoenix first filmed due to the acquisition by Disney. You know - due to 'Marvel' wanting to avoid disrupting its Captain Marvel project landing afterwards.

So now we get this passive-aggressive logic to celebrate. :insane:

So I wasn't the only one who noticed the similarities between C.Marvel and Dark Phoenix 

Wonder what will happen when Marvel turns into Binary

10 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

So I wasn't the only one who noticed the similarities between C.Marvel and Dark Phoenix 

Wonder what will happen when Marvel turns into Binary

The story that started coming out is once Disney was in the running to acquire Fox after outbidding Comcast, it had studio executives shadowing certain films in the works. Dark Phoenix had MCU executives visiting the set, including Victoria Alonso. Which is why people believe the Mystique-Professor X line was inserted in the film about 'WOMEN CARRYING THE TEAM SO DROP X-Men TITLE' was due to comments from Alonso. Plus, since the Skrulls were being used in both films, forcing Fox to drop them from the film.

Those ‘Dark Phoenix’ Villains Were Originally Skrulls, Says Tye Sheridan

“It’s really hard for me to remember what the ending of this movie is. [laughs] Originally, it was scripted that Charles and Scott go to the U.N. because — man, I’m totally going to mess this up — they go to the U.N. because they’re going to try to tell the President that, ‘Hey, we’re under attack by aliens, and they’ve now captured Jean Grey.’ Or, you know, whatever it is that we’re going to tell him."

“And then Jean comes down in the front of the U.N., and causes… there is this huge battle between the guards at the U.N. and Jean Grey, and all the guards turn out to be Skrulls. And then Jean and Scott are — Scott is fighting Skrulls in the fountain. He gets thrown into the fountain in front of the U.N. And then Jean comes down and basically fights all of the Skrulls off, and then blasts back off into space. [She] basically says goodbye to Scott and Charles. And then it’s all over, I guess.”

53 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The story that started coming out is once Disney was in the running to acquire Fox after outbidding Comcast, it had studio executives shadowing certain films in the works. Dark Phoenix had MCU executives visiting the set, including Victoria Alonso. Which is why people believe the Mystique-Professor X line was inserted in the film about 'WOMEN CARRYING THE TEAM SO DROP X-Men TITLE' was due to comments from Alonso. Plus, since the Skrulls were being used in both films, forcing Fox to drop them from the film.

Those ‘Dark Phoenix’ Villains Were Originally Skrulls, Says Tye Sheridan

Skrulls would have been better...

Sounds to me like they intentionally butchered the movie away from the MCU

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Skrulls would have been better...

Sounds to me like they intentionally butchered the movie away from the MCU

But unfortunately those with MCU heavy glasses on will proclaim 'Save us Marvel' as if only Disney can deliver a good film. Yet the Disney hand was deep into Dark Phoenix in altering the content.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But unfortunately those with MCU heavy glasses on will proclaim 'Save us Marvel' as if only Disney can deliver a good film. Yet the Disney hand was deep into Dark Phoenix in altering the content.

My biggest disappointment is Gambit.

If Gambit ever comes into xmen MCU than he would be in a Xmen movie and won't get exposure like Deadpool in a movie about him.

Edited by Hollywood1892

14 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Fox proved they could make quality X-Men movies, they just couldn’t do it with any consistency.  The Dark Phoenix rehash was never going to work regardless of which studio made the film.

5 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Fox proved they could make quality X-Men movies, they just couldn’t do it with any consistency.  The Dark Phoenix rehash was never going to work regardless of which studio made the film.

Consistency was a challenge for sure. They could have learned a thing or two.

On 1/30/2017 at 12:41 PM, mattn792 said:

Count me among the unexcited if they trot Phoenix out again. "The Last Stand" was terrible, and how do you fit the whole saga into an appx 2 hour movie while still giving the real story proper play? TLS tried to shoe horn it into "well Jean has an extra personality", and that failed hard. Working in the Shi'ar and Hellfire Club etc would need a good amount of backstory just by themselves.

2019 mattn792, meet 2017 mattn792.

:baiting: