• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8% in ebay bucks

15 posts in this topic

How does one identify an item that qualifies.

Most items do qualify...

excluding the following categories:

All categories in Motors, except Parts & Accessories, effective January 1, 2017 (at: www.ebay.com/motors),

Classifieds,

Real Estate,

Business & Industrial, but only for Heavy Equipment within that category (effective January 1, 2017),

Gift Cards & Coupons, but only for eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts within that category, and

Coins & Paper Money, but only for Bullion within that category.

This is good. Thought I read somewhere they were going to fist us and drop the 2% to 1% at some point.

I'm pretty sure they already have

Yup, right at the first of the year. Notice how depressingly low the "You'll earn $.000X in eBay bucks!" is now. Fortunately I made a few big purchases near the end of last year and combined it with one of the promo coupons. This quarter I'll be lucky to buy a copy of Warlock 5 #7 with my eBay bucks.

yeah -- and the ability to use eBay bucks without passing the $5 threshold happens after this first quarter (if I am reading the fine print correctly).

so any buying this quarter is both at this reduced rate (from 2% to 1%, unless you get a 8% deal like the one currently offered) and includes the threshold. Why they did not coordinate both aspects at the same time seems sort of deceptive.

Changes to eBay Bucks Rewards Program starting January 1, 2017

Effective January 1, 2017 the Base earnings are changing from 2% to 1%.

Parts & Accessories purchases within the Motors categories and Business & Industrial purchases, excluding Heavy Equipment within that category, will be eligible for earning Rewards and eBay Bucks redemption.

Effective April 1, 2017 rewards will not require a $5.00 earn minimum for an eBay Bucks Certificate to be issued.

It's a selective offer served to people who don't buy much I think. My friend has 2 accounts, one to sell and one to buy and he got the notice on his seller account, but the one he buys off of he didn't get the offer.

\

Not sure-- I have the same setup and it only came to my buying account.