Heavy Metal Magazine
2 2

64 posts in this topic

17,590 posts

I had no idea you could buy back issues directly from Heavy Metal. Both on Ebay and their own site. Never thought about it before.

 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/heavymetalmag/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

 

 

http://www.heavymetal.com/

 

Just picked up some nice back issues at very good prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,942 posts

That and Savage Sword were the last comic books I read on a regular basis. By fourteen I had bailed on super hero comics but Savage Sword and Heavy Metal would hold my interest for several more years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,493 posts
4 hours ago, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

Just read that Richard Corben is doing a big series, the first time with H M in 20 years.

 

Link? Sounds interesting!

Just looked up his age, 77, wow!

Edited by Jayman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,284 posts
On 1/22/2017 at 11:37 AM, wombat said:

I had no idea you could buy back issues directly from Heavy Metal. Both on Ebay and their own site. Never thought about it before.

 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/heavymetalmag/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

 

 

http://www.heavymetal.com/

 

Just picked up some nice back issues at very good prices.

Noticed some of the more in-demand issues are not listed... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,590 posts
6 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Noticed some of the more in-demand issues are not listed... 

I'm not surprised. They had a massive sale that was pretty much 80% off everything. Said they were closing down their warehouse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,547 posts
17 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Saw the latest issue at my LCS. Love the continuity.

 

What number are they on⁉️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,543 posts

What exactly are the "in-demand" issues of Heavy Metal?  I used to collect Heavy Metal back in the day late '70s to early '80s.  Overstreet has since removed them from the guide so it's been difficult to catch up on any of the keys in the series.  I assume aside from the first 12 issues, first appearances of characters like Druuna or references to the two movies are probably in demand, but I'm not sure what else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,547 posts
5 hours ago, Brian48 said:

What exactly are the "in-demand" issues of Heavy Metal?  I used to collect Heavy Metal back in the day late '70s to early '80s.  Overstreet has since removed them from the guide so it's been difficult to catch up on any of the keys in the series.  I assume aside from the first 12 issues, first appearances of characters like Druuna or references to the two movies are probably in demand, but I'm not sure what else. 

I just search EBay and heavy metal real cheap a bunch of number ones have sold in the $60 range

even a cgc graded 9.6 only sold for about $100?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2