• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some things are just wrong

28 posts in this topic

tumblr_inline_moibh4dsDa1qz4rgp_zpsnyybymto.jpg

What issue was this from? For laughs I shared this with my youngest daughter who participated in a March for women's rights this past weekend.

FF65_ReedSue.JPG

One of the panels is from FF 65.

There were a bunch of these from the first 20 issues or so. It was a Mad Men world until 1968 or so.

Ed

Just wait for another 50 years, when those folks will look at our current comic book output through their contemporary lens.

Imagine what they will think: "Hey Grandpa, did everyone walk around looking grim and constipated back then?" :blush:

There were a bunch of these from the first 20 issues or so. It was a Mad Men world until 1968 or so.

Ed

I have been reading FF in order and he actually had a pretty misogynistic exchange with Sue in an issue from around 1971. I was surprised to see one so similar to the earlier issues that late in the run.

Daredeveil 120 I believe

Daredevil-120.jpg

What was the context of this, seems a bit out of character for any era of DD.

I love it though.

I am wondering if Matt was under the influence of a spell/ effect, as it does seem out of character.

Ed

Just wait for another 50 years, when those folks will look at our current comic book output through their contemporary lens.

Imagine what they will think: "Hey Grandpa, did everyone walk around looking grim and constipated back then?" :blush:

I have been feeling pretty grim and constipated recently.