• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atomic Age DCs...Have a piece of Rhubarb...
9 9

665 posts in this topic

Just now, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I doubt the sun would turn it green...I think the scanner screwed up...I wonder if a boardie owns it now?

Could be the scanner.  I don't remember when Heritage started auctioning comics but maybe they hadn't yet figured out the best way to scan books.

Just now, Sqeggs said:

Could be the scanner.  I don't remember when Heritage started auctioning comics but maybe they hadn't yet figured out the best way to scan books.

Yeah, because it only affected the blues...and nothing else.  Well, the red is off too, but that's a problem even with MY scanner...

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:
1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:
3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Look at how he mocks them. That condescending look of his was enough to cause mistrust, anger, and retribution in any marginalized cultural group.

Not to mention the cultural appropriation of wearing the headdress.  

You call it cultural appropriation...I call it a serious d ick move.

Well, it was a pre-Code book. hm

Superman was just a big mean bully.

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:
1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Maybe Bedrock is the new owner...We should ask HIM...:idea:

:gossip: He wouldn't touch a book below 9.2.

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:
1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Maybe Bedrock is the new owner...We should ask HIM...:idea:

:gossip: He wouldn't touch a book below 9.2.

:facepalm:

9.4? hm

I don't own it. I think the color difference on the front is due to scanner settings. I am curious what caused the weird streaking on the back cover.

Can someone please explain this cover to me? I guess that DC was trying to capitalize on a Robin Hood movie release.

detective214.jpg

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Can someone please explain this cover to me? I guess that DC was trying to capitalize on a Robin Hood movie release.

detective214.jpg

Well Batman is using the Robin Hood promo figures arrow to try something different that the crooks using the encyclopedia on Batman’s methods wouldn’t expect. There were a number of movies on Robin Hood leading up to 1954 and since movies back then were in theatres repeatedly this could be the 1952 Disney or the 1930’s classic or any one in between.

Of more vital importance this issue reveals his weight.... lol   

Edited by N e r V