• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What books go in the bank safe deposit box? You decide!

73 posts in this topic

I gotta bank safe deposit box. It will hold 10 CGC slabs and I've got 17. Help me decide what stays safe at the bank and what gets robbed at my home. (Look I know the books aren't much :sorry: but I'm practicing for when I get big books!) Just play along, ok! Here's what I got:

Daredevil #168 (newstand) 9.6

Star Wars #1 9.6

Strange Tales #110 3.5

Dark Knight Returns #1 9.8

Dark Knight Returns #1 9.6 (SS Miller/Janson)

X-Men #94 9.4

Giant Size X-Men #1 9.2

House of Secrets #92 8.0

Marvel Premiere #47 9.8

Amazing Spiderman #129 8.0

Inhumans #1 9.0

Moon Knight #1 9.6

Killing Joke 9.6

Daredevil #158 9.4

Invaders #1 9.6

Defenders #1 6.5

Peter Parker The Spectacular Spiderman #1 9.0

What 10 go to the bank vault!!!???

If youre so worried about the books being robbed, why not get a an insurance policy? Or if they are for your long term collection, crack out the less valuable ones and keep them in a mylar in the bank.

Star Wars #1 9.6

Strange Tales #110 3.5

X-Men #94 9.4

Giant Size X-Men #1 9.2

House of Secrets #92 8.0

Marvel Premiere #47 9.8

Daredevil #158 9.4

I gotta bank safe deposit box. It will hold 10 CGC slabs and I've got 17. Help me decide what stays safe at the bank and what gets robbed at my home. (Look I know the books aren't much :sorry: but I'm practicing for when I get big books!) Just play along, ok! Here's what I got:

Star Wars #1 9.6

Strange Tales #110 3.5

X-Men #94 9.4

Giant Size X-Men #1 9.2

House of Secrets #92 8.0

Marvel Premiere #47 9.8

Inhumans #1 9.0

Moon Knight #1 9.6

Killing Joke 9.6

Daredevil #158 9.4

Invaders #1 9.6

Defenders #1 6.5

I've given you an opinion, but to be blunt, and really no offence intended, I wouldn't bother putting any of them into a Bank Vault unless they are going to be left for 300 years or so and a nucleur holocaust destroys the bazillion other copies out there. They are just not rare enough, but if they give you pleasure...then its all good. :)

Star Wars #1 9.6

Strange Tales #110 3.5

X-Men #94 9.4

Giant Size X-Men #1 9.2

House of Secrets #92 8.0

Marvel Premiere #47 9.8

Inhumans #1 9.0

Moon Knight #1 9.6

Killing Joke 9.6

Daredevil #158 9.4

Invaders #1 9.6

Defenders #1 6.5

I've given you an opinion, but to be blunt, and really no offence intended, I wouldn't bother putting any of them into a Bank Vault unless they are going to be left for 300 years or so and a nucleur holocaust destroys the bazillion other copies out there. They are just not rare enough, but if they give you pleasure...then its all good. :)

Thanks, and I know they aren't that rare. My OCD has ventured into Bank Safe Boxes is all. thanks for playing!

Star Wars #1 9.6

Strange Tales #110 3.5

X-Men #94 9.4

Giant Size X-Men #1 9.2

House of Secrets #92 8.0

Marvel Premiere #47 9.8

It is a nice collection.

It's also a replaceable collection which--once it's properly insured--is small enough to be safely kept at home for you to enjoy.

The books have already been slabbed...why entomb them even further?

My advice?

• Insure them;

• Display them securely somewhere in your home (out of direct sunlight) where you can see them;

and...

• Take pleasure in owning them irrespective of their replacement value.

Think of it this way...

...if, heaven forbid, circumstances reach a point where a safety deposit box is all that survives for you, your comic books will be the least of your worries.

So...why not get some satisfaction out of them in the here and now? (shrug)

(thumbs u

It is a nice collection.

It's also a replaceable collection which--once it's properly insured--is small enough to be safely kept at home for you to enjoy.

The books have already been slabbed...why entomb them even further?

My advice?

• Insure them;

• Display them securely somewhere in your home (out of direct sunlight) where you can see them;

and...

• Take pleasure in owning them irrespective of their replacement value.

Think of it this way...

...if, heaven forbid, circumstances reach a point where a safety deposit box is all that survives for you, your comic books will be the least of your worries.

So...why not get some satisfaction out of them in the here and now? (shrug)

(thumbs u

I think I bought one of the books from you Jools&Jim when I first came around. The answer to this question is I have very nice lower copies of all these books to have on hand and enjoy. Plus, as I stated, my OCD is starting to venture into bank safe deposit boxes, the history of them, etc. It's weird, I know.

I have an amazing run of Swamp Thing Volume 1 in the 9-4 to 9.6 range that I bought from a Boardie and we decided they could not be slabbed, they were too nice for that.

The Defenders #1 6.5 gets no love.

lol Well, yeah. But...

...Man's desire for the approval of his fellows is so strong, his dread of their censure so violent, that he himself has brought his enemy (conscience) within his gates; and it keeps watch over him, vigilant always in the interests of its master to crush any half-formed desire to break away from the herd.

Love what YOU love because you dig it. The hell with everyone else!

Jesus people, play along.... yeesh....

Strange Tales #110 3.5

X-Men #94 9.4

Giant Size X-Men #1 9.2

House of Secrets #92 8.0

Inhumans #1 9.0

Moon Knight #1 9.6

Invaders #1 9.6

Certainly a nice little collection there bud.

The poster already has a safety deposit box big enough to hold the slabs, so he may as well use it (wish I could find one). As far as the books to keep there, I concur with Buzzetta:

Star Wars #1 9.6

Strange Tales #110 3.5

X-Men #94 9.4

Giant Size X-Men #1 9.2

House of Secrets #92 8.0

Marvel Premiere #47 9.8

Probably over 10k worth of books there, so if having them in the bank gives you peace of mind (thumbs u

The poster already has a safety deposit box big enough to hold the slabs, so he may as well use it (wish I could find one). As far as the books to keep there, I concur with Buzzetta:

Star Wars #1 9.6

Strange Tales #110 3.5

X-Men #94 9.4

Giant Size X-Men #1 9.2

House of Secrets #92 8.0

Marvel Premiere #47 9.8

Probably over 10k worth of books there, so if having them in the bank gives you peace of mind (thumbs u

That's what I'm going with. Was six years on the waiting list for box before getting it

Edited by NoMan

You do not seem to take into account just placing them one over each other will end up cracking multiple CGC cases with the pressure (I know I have done this myself in the past). I only do so now if the comic has a CGC Pro slab to protect each book. That will cut the amount of books yo ucan place in one single safe but at least your CGC cases will not be damaged.

What is your bank charging you per year for this box?

Seems like it would be a waste if you could get a collectibles insurance policy for less, and probably cover more books.

Edited by Mercury Man