• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOUGHTS ON CLUTTERING THE FRONT COVER OF A COMIC MAG. W/ A BUNCH OF AUTOGRAPHS?

27 posts in this topic

There's an Amaz. Spiderman 700 variant front cover that features a long list of names of Spidey creators in the shape of the silhouette of the NYC skyline that momentarily had me consider some insane, um, I mean monumental, project like the one mentioned in the OP.

Here, found one:

LgagQyW.jpg

That's the Martin variant and it's a great one. I bought a copy but only with Stan Lee's autograph. Not to sound morbid, but it is one of the few modern ASM's that have Stan's name on the cover, and I do not think he will be alive nor signing when ASM 800 hits the stands.

If I could add one other name to the book it might be John Romita Sr. However, I'm happy with just Stan's name.

ASM700SSa.jpg

^Buzz, that's pretty awesome and I'm appropriately jealous even though not a sig collector. Pretty sure the only modern variant comic I own is this Marcos one (plus the classic with the eye). It's just such an unusual montage, although I did make a couple of bids for copies of the Ditko AF15 swipe, one of the more pedestrian/commonplace.

Pretty much it's your book, do whatever makes you happy.

There are certain books, that are very expensive unsigned or in uncommonly high grade (early 60's marvels, top census GA, for example) where you should pause before adding signatures, obviously.

However, there are comics and magazines that are either common and/or will never be rare that you can have fun with and add experiences with signers and good memories of the souvenir you've put together. Or you could be a fan of a particular TV series or movie and a signed comic or magazine that no one may care about otherwise can become a real conversation piece....like, for example...

21 cast members, 1 book, and a magazine no one would ever care about in a blue label

<a  href=image_zps6kknu3gl.jpeg' alt='image_zps6k

image_zpsnlg1abft.jpeg

There's an Amaz. Spiderman 700 variant front cover that features a long list of names of Spidey creators in the shape of the silhouette of the NYC skyline that momentarily had me consider some insane, um, I mean monumental, project like the one mentioned in the OP.

Here, found one:

LgagQyW.jpg

One of the facilitators (dscott?) had one that had 40+ signatures on it.

Here, found one:

LgagQyW.jpg

One of the facilitators (dscott?) had one that had 40+ signatures on it.

I could see the project becoming an obsession.