• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bernie Wrightson Retires...
1 1

45 posts in this topic

Very sad news. :( I do hope though the Mr. Wrightson can recover sufficiently to have an enjoyable quality of life for himself and his family, even if no more art is in the future.

Prayers out to you Bernie :)

Edited by jhutton2

Met him at sac anime last year and had him sign a swamp thing print they gave out. He was extremely nice, easy to talk to, and courteous as well. He was also very patient with indecisive people on where he should sign their book.

Hopefully he gets better soon.

Met him years ago before CGC SS was a thing (or at least before it was a thing to me).

I've been trying to get a SS of anyone who ever worked on the GL title, and with the announcement was gripped with worry cause I couldnt remember if I had gotten a Wrightson SS yet!

Granted he only contributed a bit to the line, a little inking over Adams back during the Denny/Neal years, and a smattering of short stories over the decades...

then I found this in the box and was relieved.

j9sDb.jpg

I hope Bernie enjoys his retirement even if it didnt come on his terms.

I met Bernie at Comicpalooza last year and he was such a gentlemen and overall great guy. I wish him my the best and hope he gets well soon.

In addition he has one of the best signatures in the industry.

Edited by spideyfan68

Met him years ago before CGC SS was a thing (or at least before it was a thing to me).

I've been trying to get a SS of anyone who ever worked on the GL title, and with the announcement was gripped with worry cause I couldnt remember if I had gotten a Wrightson SS yet!

Granted he only contributed a bit to the line, a little inking over Adams back during the Denny/Neal years, and a smattering of short stories over the decades...

then I found this in the box and was relieved.

j9sDb.jpg

I hope Bernie enjoys his retirement even if it didnt come on his terms.

I think I sold it to you! Very nice man! Not as relevant here, but Ron Lim was also very nice.

Edited by Revat

Very sad news.

I did a fairly long interview with Mr. Wrightson when I worked for Diamond back in the mid 1990s...super nice guy, very easy to talk to (even though he had probably answered the same questions a thousand times over!), and a Baltimore native, too.

I pray that he recovers quickly and enjoys the slower pace...