• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Treasury Editions

18 posts in this topic

I wish CGC would grade Marvel Treasury Editions. I have had these for 40 years and they have never been opened (I had reader copies that I read all of the time). I would appreciate any input as to what to do with them (Yes, my wife already suggested that answer :) ) These are really nice.. I don't want to just dump them on eBay.

TBn71bv.jpg

MlNdFCJ.jpg

PmzSRCh.jpg

Thanks!

Thank you, but I'm not trying to sell anything in this thread (I don't want to break any rules). There is so little information out there for this type of book in this condition that I don't know where to start. EBay has most of them in lesser condition, but I would love to know if there is anyone out there who actually collects these books??

Edited by Ron C.

There are currently about 200 listing on ebay for Marvel Treasuries in with "VF" in the title and another 60 or so with "NM" in the title. Even discounting for the typical over grading, I'm not sure why you're wondering if there's a market for these and think that they're not offered on ebay.

They do, and will sell. If you want to sell them them in one lot you can do that too, you'll obviously just take less per book.

Edited by fmaz

There are currently about 200 listing on ebay for Marvel Treasuries in with "VF" in the title and another 60 or so with "NM" in the title. Even discounting for the typical over grading, I'm not sure why you're wondering if there's a market for these and think that they're not offered on ebay.

They do, and will sell. If you want to sell them them in one lot you can do that too, you'll obviously just take less per book.

You will have to forgive me, but I have never sold anything on eBay. I do have several hundred comics for sale at MCS, but they do all of the listings. Unfortunately, they do not sell many of these raw Treasuries on consignment.

I grabbed the red & white cover Spideys at Nickel City con last year for around $100, very nice copies...it was a nostalgia buy but I personally think they're worth that...all of my original treasuries got pretty beat up over the years.

There's are some Buffalo shows coming up in April, you could sell the three red Spideys, the Avengers and maybe a couple others there I bet.

:whistle:

The Marvel square bounds were quite solid, so high grade copies do turn up. DCs are much, much tougher. A boardie bought a high grade Adams Ras 'al Ghul for $500 because it was the first NM copy he'd seen in years of searching. No such stories about these guys.

You could ask a premium, but no one will pay cgc prices for a book that can't be cgc'ed (if that was the underlying thought). The Star Wars are probably the toughest in high grade, but in my uninformed opinion, guide is probably where you want to be on the rest.

Thank you to everyone for all of your interest and suggestions. I will be moving these pictures and others to the G/S/B Age Selling Forum tomorrow afternoon.

(thumbs u Really looking forward to seeing these!

Also, fwiw, here's something else to consider: I've shipped many of these over the years, and they can be somewhat tricky to package properly for safe transit. The Medium Flat Rate Priority Mail box is, unfortunately, a little too tight of a fit (in the long dimension) in my opinion, so I usually wind up using an oversized padded mailing envelope or cardboard mailer, and then LOTS of corrugated cardboard for the interior "sandwich".

Best of luck with the sale!

Does anyone know if there ever were plans for CGC to start grading these? Seems if they grade magazines they could slab treasuries as well.

The subject has been well discussed before, I think the general consensus was that it would prove cost prohibitive .....I think. hm That being said, I would love to see them graded.

Does anyone know if there ever were plans for CGC to start grading these? Seems if they grade magazines they could slab treasuries as well.

The subject has been well discussed before, I think the general consensus was that it would prove cost prohibitive .....I think. hm That being said, I would love to see them graded.

Thanks for reply. I tried the search function but :tonofbricks: