• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A few boards tweaks to note
1 1

86 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, rob_react said:
On 2017-02-10 at 8:43 AM, VintageComics said:

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply.

I understand that CGC is probably going for a corporate color scheme to look like the rest of their website but you really need to get some contrast in ala the old site. Otherwise, right now this is almost unreadable.

RE: density, more posts or threads per page - whatever you call it, yes, there is just too little on a page right now.

Some other great suggestions above as well.

Running a scan of the site there are a bunch of areas where the contrast is too low (click on contrast in the left-hand column.) The main body text isn't identified, but it's a smallish off-black font on a light grey background. That's not a color/font choice I would make for this user population (it includes a lot of older folks.) 

http://wave.webaim.org/report#/https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/410146-a-few-boards-tweaks-to-note/

I tend to agree. After spending nearly a week trying to get used to this chat forum I'm finding that it's not a very user friendly design. It doesn't lend itself to easy and quick reading. I'd really ask Arch to reconsider the way this forum is skinned and find something similar to the previous one, which was dense, concise, organized and quick and easy to scan and navigate.

This current skin (even with the Beta theme I'm using) is like comparing Kindergarten Legos to an adult set of Legos. It's somewhat useful, but you really can't do anything worth doing without exerting a lot of effort.

5 hours ago, GACollectibles said:

How did you do that?  Don't you have yourself on ignore?

6 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Click the edit button at the bottom of your posts.

Also, I just pm myself and build my stuff in a message to myself rather than using the test thread.

9_9

6 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Click the edit button at the bottom of your posts.

Also, I just pm myself and build my stuff in a message to myself rather than using the test thread.

9_9