• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Con June 3rd. Mark your calendars!
1 1

42 posts in this topic

If anyone wants to mark their calendars, we have all the dates for 2017!  All Saturdays, all 12-5 pm.

June 3

August 5

November 4

Dealer list for June 3 includes Escapist Comics, Dale Quick, Harvey Doss, HOC, Ray Storch, and Bronze Age Batcave.

Keep the existence of the Golden Bear parking lot, only about 1.5 blocks away from the venue, in your back pocket in case it ever becomes necessary.

http://www.berkeleycomiccon.com/parking/

One of the dealers is unveiling a big new collection 1942-1980. Lots of very nice 70s books. He'll be on the west wall.

You guys might not think about it but you should. On Sunday is the Alameda Antique Flea Market... Huge outdoor show. I have scored comics there on the cheap every time I have gone. As well as toys and other collectibles. If I wasn't tied up this weekend, I would cruise up and hit both!

I love the Alameda show!

I always find comics there too, mostly from that one guy on the corner who has boxes and boxes of book and comics.

It's a great pitch to hit both shows!

Really getting fired up for the show now!

As promised, I will have an entire box of CGC graded comics - ALL 9.4 with White pages - for only $25 each! Even a couple of pedigrees in there :whatthe:

Marc and I are looking forward to seeing you all there - please introduce yourselves if it's your first time!

Also, if anyone is interested in trading a little volunteer help for the entry fee let me know.

Tim

slabs copy.jpg

19 hours ago, wormboy said:

I love the Alameda show!

I always find comics there too, mostly from that one guy on the corner who has boxes and boxes of book and comics.

It's a great pitch to hit both shows!

Yeah, he has stuff some times. Last time I was there a got some cool ECs from him. I also got the biggest find ever of UG comics a few years ago at that show. Sure wish I could go to both...

Thanks for all your help today. Great to see so many board members, at least a dozen. We would really like to make the Aug. 5 show (yes, our next dates are Aug. 5 and Nov. 4) have a big board member vibe, like we had at our first con last August.

1 hour ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

Thanks for all your help today. Great to see so many board members, at least a dozen. We would really like to make the Aug. 5 show (yes, our next dates are Aug. 5 and Nov. 4) have a big board member vibe, like we had at our first con last August.

I finally made it to the Berkeley Comic Con today.  I am a Berkeley graduate and haven't been there in ages.  I didn't know what to expect and was not expecting to find too much.   This con ended up being great!   Scored a bunch of comics and great deals.  One vendor had a new collection with some beautiful never touched before books.  Small hall but just comics only like the good old days.  Love it!   Bought back so many memories.  Highly recommended to any board members.  Hope to this con continues to grow and prosper.  Could end up being one of my favorites.