• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

It sure would be sad to see this collection go the way of poor Billy Wright's collection...

Many of us have Billy Wrights in our collections now. I am super happy with the ones I have. Thank you Billy Wright for not bogarting 'em all for yourself!

Detective%20Comics%2042%20-%205600%20201

15 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Many of us have Billy Wrights in our collections now. I am super happy with the ones I have. Thank you Billy Wright for not bogarting 'em all for yourself!

Easier to part with your stuff when you're dead. :)

I wasn't aware that the Berk Church Mystery Men Comics 7 was an 8.0 - I guess that makes it relatively super expensive compared to the ultra high grades in the Berk Church MM run.

8 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

I could go broke just looking.

I clicked on the link and my wallet disappeared!  Thankfully, a deposed Nigerian prince is going to provide me sufficient funds to just buy the entire collection.  Just a few details to work out, then the rest of you can quit looking. :wishluck:

2 hours ago, october said:

Is anyone else disappointed in CConnect's scans? They are pretty awful. Having seen some of this stuff in person, they are not doing the items any favors in the color department. 

Yeech. 

Everyone should grateful that the NY Boys are posting scans at all, they are already entitled to your money (which should be handed over to them without question or complaint) so there's no reason for them to cater to the unwashed masses.

You'll take those scans mister and you'll like 'em, otherwise the wheels may go in motion and your bids will be shilled blocked so that you win squat.

So shuddup already and just sign and mail a blank check to them - surely there are no trust issues, I'm sure you'll be just fine. Verily.

2 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Everyone should grateful that the NY Boys are posting scans at all, they are already entitled to your money (which should be handed over to them without question or complaint) so there's no reason for them to cater to the unwashed masses.

You'll take those scans mister and you'll like 'em, otherwise the wheels may go in motion and your bids will be shilled blocked so that you win squat.

So shuddup already and just sign and mail a blank check to them - surely there are no trust issues, I'm sure you'll be just fine. Verily.

Who you calling unwashed?

6 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Stop holding back Steve, and tell us how you really feel! lol

13 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I haven't asked but I imagine there will  be a catalog 

Well I really hope there is a catalog as this will be a monumental event to catalog such a significant collection.  Money aside people, that is given.  There (to my knowledge) is not anyone who was more interested in the entirety of the golden age of comics than Jon was.  Additionally, he shared his investigations and discoveries into the peeps that crafted these stories and the magnificent artwork they created with all of us through a variety of media, these boards included (very much so).  I very much appreciate that he is giving folks a unique opportunity to fill a spot in their collections that only a collection of this caliber can provide.  

7 hours ago, Et-Es-Go said:

Well I really hope there is a catalog as this will be a monumental event to catalog such a significant collection.  Money aside people, that is given.  There (to my knowledge) is not anyone who was more interested in the entirety of the golden age of comics than Jon was.  Additionally, he shared his investigations and discoveries into the peeps that crafted these stories and the magnificent artwork they created with all of us through a variety of media, these boards included (very much so).  I very much appreciate that he is giving folks a unique opportunity to fill a spot in their collections that only a collection of this caliber can provide.  

Was told the catalog should be out by the end of the month.  CC catalogs are ok, but Heritage does such a great job that it would have been nice to see how they might have displayed these books.

46 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Was told the catalog should be out by the end of the month.  CC catalogs are ok, but Heritage does such a great job that it would have been nice to see how they might have displayed these books.

..and will the catalogue images be taken from these dark scans? Or will we see how they really look?

1 minute ago, Flex Mentallo said:
49 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

..and will the catalogue images be taken from these dark scans? Or will we see how they really look?

Probably the best way to see them would be to swing by my house three weeks after the auction closes. (: