• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Johnny545 said:

It will be interesting to see the group that will be auctioned in May.

I wonder if some portions of the collection have already been sold privately.

Likely yes.

I wonder what his Planet Comics #1 original cover art will sell for? :cloud9:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=180716

See my latest pages  https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/167387-original-art-and-recreations/?page=4

th_The%20Killing%20Joke_zpsnofn1qkc.jpgth_Incredible%20Hulk%20181_zpsijmg2iaw.jth_Detective%20880_zpsuvuymszu.jpgth_MDS00156_zpsiwxj9fek.jpgth_MarvelComics1fullcolorart_zps10cb6cbbth_TheWalkingDead_INKED-1.jpgth_Colorfinish_zps31571c15.jpgth_Batman%20700_zpsxtojdoz7.jpg

:ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez: I know i've only seen the smallest portion of the collection via the boards here but even what i've seen has been so darn cool. JB is one the main reasons i found my passion for the Fox books like i have. The books will most likely be out of my league but i know i few i will at least take a shot at if they are listed!! Best of luck to JB

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Books will be auctioned at Heritage I take it ?

I believe Heritage is not going to be very happy about being scooped out of one of the biggest collections of all time by CC. 

I am sure that past relationships was a factor here as Fishler and Berk have both been around from the start of serious collecting.  (thumbsu

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Jon has 20,000 books. Might takes years to auction them all?

21 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

Jon did not slab his books either, I am sure CC is having it done as part of the deal so its time to start watching the census....

If potential sellers were planning to consign any of their books for this coming year, it would probably be a good idea to put it on the back burner as Jon's books would be chewing up all of the resources at CGC.  Witness the recent release of the Lasry books which resulted in many GA books being assigned grades substantially lower than their visual appearance. 

On top of that, there is a high probability that their books would not be seeing anywhere close to top dollar as many potential bidders would be holding their money back to bid on these quality books from Jon's long-held personal collection.  hm

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, just wow! I am kind of blown away and a little sad as well. Jon is one of the forefathers of this hobby. I can't think of many collections that would top his. Sad because it's a shame it is being broken up. I can't imagine how hard it was for him to come to this decision. Best of luck to you Jon!

I'm with you, Bob.  Jon was always there with information to anyone who asked.  A true gentleman and a collector of extraordinary taste.  It's sad on one hand but exciting on another.  Best of luck, Jon!!!

32 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I suspect Jon will not be the last big collection we see coming to market in the next several years. I would guess the amount of material showing up will actual be increasing. 

22 minutes ago, Sagii said:

Sellers market...hm

I believe you mean it's going to be a buyer's market if all of the big long time collectors starts to cash out on their books at the same time, especially if there is not enough money to absorb all of the collections out there.  hm

Edited by lou_fine
Incorrect wording

Just now, lou_fine said:

I believe you mean it's going to be a buyer's market if all of the big long time sellers starts to cash out on their books at the same time, especially if there is not enough money to absorb all of the collections out there.  hm

Yes, kind of crossed terms but that is what i meant. There are BOUND to be a few bargains at least........i hope :D

5 hours ago, Johnny545 said:
5 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

They have it in the description so it looks like Fishler didn't get it yet. I would be happy with any of his under copies.

I am guessing he is bidding though....fireworks.

Who's to say that Fishler himself would not be much closer to the dispersal stage of his collecting life cycle as opposed to the purchasing stage of his collecting life cycle.  hm  (shrug)