• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink Winter Featured Auction
1 1

97 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, zhamlau said:

As always, this auction is defined by the last 30 seconds. It appears Micronauts finally has found a home with collectors, prices keep moving.

...and yet, somebody snagged a fair Broderick Micros page a few weeks ago for only $150.

37 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Auctions can be a crazy thing. Get two people really wanting something.

As always, there are the pieces that sit on dealer websites for years and then sell for a significant premium at auction. Case in point in this auction I noticed is the Guice Alpha Flight cover which I believe was available for sale at less than half the hammer price for a couple of year now. 

Was debating saying something about people not doing their due diligence, having short memories and how 'fresh to market' is sometimes just a matter of perception, but I'm pretty sure this has been discussed ad nauseam.

49 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Auctions can be a crazy thing. Get two people really wanting something.

The Norem Savage Sword cover went for about what it sat on ebay at for months.  About the same as a much earlier cover went for in the last HA auction.  Both were nice but this one was masterful.  

Congratulations to all sellers and buyers.

Looks like the Action # 653 cover sold for $3,600+.   Nice cover but it went for a lot higher than I thought.

Kerry Gammil is on fire.

Remember that X-Men Adventures cover that sold for $7K?   Everyone including myself thought was a one off.  Maybe not.

hm

Cheers!

N. 

Been feeling the burn of getting outbid on every book I bid on in this Clink auction and I pushed a few into new GPA highs for certain, but yet are rare case of nothing won. I made some runner up bids tonight on the Arthur Adams Asgard Storm sketch, the Julie Bell painting, and the J Scott Cambell Danger Girl page. So a little more of the same, but now in the art dept. I had a bid early on for a Michael Turner sketch, but I saw that was out bid, so I one up bid on the Fathom 3 Variant Cover. Expected to get out bid. Well whadda ya know? I actually won it. Its a good fit in my wheelhouse of Pinup related books and OA.  Ive always enjoyed Turner babes, now I can hang one on the wall.

On 2/25/2017 at 11:21 AM, delekkerste said:

Considering that CLink has slapped a $200K pre-auction estimate on the lot, I suspect there will be a hard reserve in the $150-$200K range, or at least some kind of guarantee or other protective arrangement at $150K+.  It would be inconceivable to me that the two co-owners would sit on something like this for so long and risk being disappointed at the auction block with no protections at all in place.  This is a great lot, but a complete story like this is not the slam dunk like, say, a singular key cover would be.  

In other words, no way will this be allowed to sell at only $100K.  One way or another,  I doubt this will be allowed to sell for a penny less than $150K (and perhaps higher).  It will be interesting to see if someone steps up to whatever level is required.  My friend thinks the book can be broken up profitably even at $200K; I am skeptical that a dealer would find the risk vs. return equation compelling at that price.  But, we'll see.    

Good call Gene.  160k.

Scott

1 hour ago, thethedew said:

...and yet, somebody snagged a fair Broderick Micros page a few weeks ago for only $150.

Clearly by someone with cat-like reflexes, devilish good looks, and a knack for finding guys selling art for under 1/2 market.

1 minute ago, stinkininkin said:

Good call Gene.  160k.

Scott

8k a page. Based on current prices you could break it up sell it off and keep the title and that good fight page for free.

22 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

I was sniped on the Michael Turner "babe" at the end... lost by $38 :-(

This one's going to sting a bit -- I was really thinking I had a chance on it.

Don't beat yourself up over being the underbidder. I have been there alot and going $100 probably wouldn't have made a difference. No telling how much more the winer would have gone. For The Foom cover I had a higher bid.