• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] BeachBum Comics 2017 ECCC Sales Thread
6 6

64 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

American Gods 1 ECCC Exclusive

(5 available)

Limit two per person.

$15 raw NM+

Weird print run (cover stock)

image.jpg

Take x1 please. 

Edited by MoonKT
Wrong amount

8 hours ago, BeachBum said:

For those looking for the Robyn Hood 9 Spider-Gwen (still getting messages) -

It sold out at the show on Thursday afternoon within hours after the dubious actions of a couple of individuals. They were limited two per person to attendees but at least one person loaded up the line with ringers to buy up as many copies as possible, feeding people through the line. This particular person was observed doing the same behavior at another booth.

I would be careful buying this book on the secondary market (eBay/facebook groups) since the price will most likely be inflated. The price I listed here ($20) was the show price.

Since not all copies were sent to the show there will be more copies available after the show through retailers and Zenescope directly so I wouldn't panic if you are looking for one. Print quality was good on this one, I even pre-screeened two copies raw at the show booth for an exhibitor friend at the show and they both came back CGC 9.9 on-site graded (you're welcome :wink: )

(thumbsu

2 hours ago, BeachBum said:

American Gods 1 ECCC Exclusive

(5 available) SOLD OUT!

Limit two per person.

$15 raw NM+

Weird print run (cover stock)

image.jpg

If more of these become available with the CGC option, I would definitely be interested (thumbsu

8 hours ago, 50/50 said:

are the poly bagged DC foil's offered at CGC Fast Track? (Understand its hard to guarantee 9.8 due to polybag.)

No - the problem with the DC foils is since they are produced polybagged with a backing board you can not see the back cover. All the copies I have present well on the front (NM+ or better) but I can't see if there's anything on the back that will downgrade the book from 9.8. It would be irresponsible for me to guarantee 9.8 on a book I can't pre-screen fully so I will only sell them raw.

This is one of the reasons I don't pre-sell books before a show. I wait to see the condition of the print run (and most importantly to see if I can actually get the books lol ) before selling anything. Currently there are too many sellers out in the world playing fast and loose with pre-sells then not delivering on product or sending out product that is in a grade less than advertised. The pre-sellers are also coming into the show and abusing the retailers when they find out they can't get enough product to cover their pre-sells. This weekend was pretty ugly on the show floor.

Edited by BeachBum

On 3/2/2017 at 4:21 PM, BeachBum said:

Grimm Fairy Tales V2 #3 ECCC Seattle Sounders Exclusive

Limited to 500 cover by Deacon Black

(10 available)

$10 raw NM+ or better (show price)

$70 CGC 9.8 Fast Tracked

image002-5.jpg

:takeit: x2 raw copies

If this becomes available, I will take a

Grimm Fairy Tales - Robyn Hood: I Love NY #9 Spider-Gwen Cosplay ECCC Exclusive Limited to 350 cover by Jamie Tyndall

$95 CGC 9.8 SS Fast Tracked

9 minutes ago, lonetree said:

:takeit: x2 raw copies

If this becomes available, I will take a

Grimm Fairy Tales - Robyn Hood: I Love NY #9 Spider-Gwen Cosplay ECCC Exclusive Limited to 350 cover by Jamie Tyndall

$95 CGC 9.8 SS Fast Tracked

What you don't want to buy from the seller that has one up on eBay for $500... or the one with the 9.9 for $1000 there as well lol

Check back a little later to see what I possibly have... :wink:

Edited by BeachBum

10 hours ago, BeachBum said:

No - the problem with the DC foils is since they are produced polybagged with a backing board you can not see the back cover. All the copies I have present well on the front (NM+ or better) but I can't see if there's anything on the back that will downgrade the book from 9.8. It would be irresponsible for me to guarantee 9.8 on a book I can't pre-screen fully so I will only sell them raw.

This is one of the reasons I don't pre-sell books before a show. I wait to see the condition of the print run (and most importantly to see if I can actually get the books lol ) before selling anything. Currently there are too many sellers out in the world playing fast and loose with pre-sells then not delivering on product or sending out product that is in a grade less than advertised. The pre-sellers are also coming into the show and abusing the retailers when they find out they can't get enough product to cover their pre-sells. This weekend was pretty ugly on the show floor.

Thanks for the info, makes 100% sense having read all that.  I hope I didn't offend in any way.