• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help With Calculating Shipping With USPS 1095 Box

6 posts in this topic

Need Help With Calculating Shipping With USPS 1095 Box

I've seen several posts about how the recommended way to ship CGC comics are inside a 1092, and inside a 1095 box.

When I go to USPS site to calculate costs, I am getting $13.60 when I select "medium priority box" and $18.85 when I select "large priority box."

I thought that local delivery would be cheaper (around $8 range).

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by NamesJay

What's the to and from zip codes and the weight of the package?

It sounds like you might be looking at "Flat Rate" prices. Look for the price quote under "Priority Mail 2-Day".

Edited by DeadOne
added info.

10 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

What's the to and from zip codes and the weight of the package?

It sounds like you might be looking at "Flat Rate" prices. Look for the price quote under "Priority Mail 2-Day".

I'm checking priority and using the same from and to zip code...

Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 18.07.56.png

2 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

I'm checking priority and using the same from and to zip code...

Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 18.07.56.png

Those prices are for flat rate services that do not apply to a 1092 or 1095 box.

If you go down a little further on that page you'll see a section for "select shape".  Check "Package" and then enter a weight for the package (ex. 3 lbs.) then click the continue box. A new screen will appear with your various shipping options (make certain that, at the top, the "Display All Options" box is checked.
In the screen shot below is the price that regular priority shipping would cost to ship a priority (1095) box to the zip code listed.

Capture.JPG

I hope this helps.

13 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

That's a big help. Thank you so much!

You're welcome.

As a side note, those regional rate boxes (mentioned in the screen grab above) are useful to have on hand as well. You have to order them directly from the USPS website (they're free) and the Box B's are a good size for slabs with room for lots of padding.