• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective 40 Scam on eBay
2 2

26 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2017 at 10:40 PM, Zolnerowich said:

Maybe we can make lemonade from this lemon -- for the novice eye, could you experts point out exactly where the resto is? (and any other pointers on identifying resto...) Thanks!

On 3/29/2017 at 4:37 PM, Point Five said:

There's color touch all along the spine and spine corners, and masking a bend going horizontally from the middle spine through Robin's cape. If you zoom into the photos on a good screen (at least the photos are decently sized), the CT in the light blue areas is pretty easy to spot.

It's a nice-presenting book... but yep, resto'd for sure and the seller is just playing dumb.

(Point Five: thanks for "point"-ing out the resto for me.)

Scam-bay is  and always will be a garbage can of collectors looking for the true comic book collector trying to find the pot of gold, or 50 cents on the dollar..it appears to have sold for 5K at least that is what the listing said or some bidder bid.....just buy  from the auction or gator and be safe

Edited by Mmehdy

6 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Scam-bay is  and always will be a garbage can of collectors looking for the true comic book collector trying to find the pot of gold, or 50 cents on the dollar..it appears to have sold for 5K at least that is what the listing said or some bidder bid.....just buy  from the auction or gator and be safe

Give it a rest Mitch. 9_9

Like most people here (I suspect), I've had many good purchases from eBay, as well as a small number of disappointments. When I compare what I've paid on eBay compared to dealer prices, I'm way ahead. A bit of due diligence goes a long way.

1 hour ago, AJD said:

Give it a rest Mitch. 9_9

Like most people here (I suspect), I've had many good purchases from eBay, as well as a small number of disappointments. When I compare what I've paid on eBay compared to dealer prices, I'm way ahead. A bit of due diligence goes a long way.

Same here... far more hits than misses, and my GA collection virtually wouldn't exist without ebay.

And of course, quite a number of boardies here are ebay sellers as well. I doubt there are very many collectors here without an active ebay account.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:13 PM, Mmehdy said:

G.A.TOR TO SMART TO BUY AT 30% OFF :baiting: