• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] SA/BA-inspired Neal Adams retro/redux Variant Covers

3 posts in this topic

Up for sale tonight: a lot of thirteen very cool modern comics from last year with new, retro-redux "variant" covers by Neal Adams, reprising and revising some of his most famous Silver and Bronze Age cover images, often with an unexpected twist.

I bought these on a road trip last year, right off the rack -- I don't follow or collect moderns at all, and was pleasantly surprised and amused to see these covers on new books.  

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am listing these here, and not in the Modern sales forum, in the hope that other SA and BA collectors (like me), who may not have been aware of their existence, will get a similar kick out of them, and will want to add them to their Adams collection (hopefully the mods will understand and allow this…).

Again, the new, SA/BA-inspired Adams cover images are the draw here -- Adams did NOT draw the interiors of these books, and as far as I can tell, the cover images have absolutely nothing to do with their story content.

================================================================

TERMS:

• :takeit: in the thread rules.

• PayPal ONLY for this sale.

• No HOS'ers/probies/etc.

• Payment is due within 3 days of closing the deal unless we've made other arrangements.

DOMESTIC US SHIPPING (fully insured Priority Mail w/extremely secure packaging):

• Included in lot price.

• I'm sometimes able to ship the same day that payment is received, but usually no later than one day after payment is received.

***VERY IMPORTANT NOTE -- US shipping only, very sorry!***

RETURNS:

• Shouldn't be necessary, but…I'm reasonable -- if there's a problem of ANY kind, please PM me and we'll work it out.

Need larger scans? Detail pics? Interior pics? More info? Please feel free to PM me.

Finally, my feedback thread is located here (under my old username, but it's still me):

My feedback thread...

Edited by jools&jim

NEAL ADAMS SA/BA-INSPIRED RETRO-REDUX MODERN VARIANT COVERS LOT:

Lot includes the following 13 modern comic books with NEW variant covers by Neal Adams (for reference, the Silver or Bronze Age cover which inspired each redux image is noted below).

All of these were purchased new from a comic store's shelves, and have minor shelf/handling wear.  Grade range is VF/NM or better.

$50 shipped and insured via boxed Priority Mail for the lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyborg #8 (cover image inspired by Flash #246).

cyborg8_zpscp94io5a.jpg~original

Deathstroke #15 (cover image inspired by Strange Adventures #207).

deathstroke15_zps4xlso728.jpg

Grayson #17 (cover image inspired by Batman #237).

grayson17_zps2mx8ruch.jpg~original

Green Arrow #49 (cover image inspired by Green Lantern #76).

greenarrow49_zps6ssrcqyg.jpg~original

Green Lantern #49 (cover image inspired by Brave and the Bold #85).

greenlantern49_zpsdfl18wr8.jpg~original

Robin Son of Batman #9 (cover image inspired by Batman Limited Collectors' Edition C51).

robin9_zps23fc5d86.jpg~original

Sinestro #20 (cover image inspired by Action Comics #419).

sinestro20_zpscoczvmpl.jpg~original

Starfire #9 (cover image inspired by Action Comics #400).

starfire9_zpsjxhheb0t.jpg~original

Superman Lois and Clark #5 (cover image inspired by Detective Comics #407).

supermanloisclark5_zpsl8lf3eln.jpg~origi

Teen Titans #17 (cover image inspired by House of Mystery #191).

teentitans17_zpsq9iz8sex.jpg~original

Telos #5 (cover image inspired by Superman #233).

telos5_zps56iogbrg.jpg

We are Robin #9 (cover image inspired by Detective Comics #408).

wearerobin9_zpsomefrqse.jpg~original

Wonder Woman #49 (cover image inspired by Superman #243).

wonderwoman49_zpsr2a2jf8e.jpg~original

Edited by jools&jim