• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Redneck by Donny Cates and Lisandro Estherren Skybound
1 1

168 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Zacreth said:

They were made available to retailers and I'm not sure if I'm able to post on an open forum. If you pm me I can send you a link from drop box if you want to read them.

That's not what those PDFs were meant for. 

-shawn

Ah sorry, I will remove the links then. I thought it might be a good way to get more people interest in story to increase sales. The pdf's though did cause me to increase our orders though but will remove.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Zacreth said:

Ah sorry, I will remove the links then. I thought it might be a good way to get more people interest in story to increase sales. The pdf's though did cause me to increase our orders though but will remove.

Thanks!

I appreciate it. The pdfs are definitely meant for you guys at the shops to read the series and to increase your orders on. They're not meant to be passed around though. 

-shawn

7 minutes ago, Jonnywadd said:

I can't believe we haven't seen any retailers graded yet (shrug)  I know it's early, but I usually see books like this up for sale within a week.  They are gonna be pretty!

Mine are off to get signed next week then graded FT. Fingers crossed

2 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Mine are off to get signed next week then graded FT. Fingers crossed

Good luck!  I have a few raw sets, but would definitely like some 9.8s for the PC.

On 4/22/2017 at 1:56 PM, fastballspecial said:

Your store should have sent the guy packing. Not to mention how slimy that is, but if I was a customer and the store let somebody do that then I wouldn't be back.

That's what I hate about our hobby now the speculators that deny fans a chance to read the book at cover price. I don't mind buying an extra book or two to make some money, but when you are hanging out trying to buy a book from customers that ridiculous.

I read the book yesterday my local shops still had copies and its a good start. The art's not fantastic by any means, but the story drags you in and keeps you.

Not defending the guys actions but isn't that one of the reasons for digital comics?  I mean most of my reads are digitals and my LCS are usually books that I'm speculative on.

10 minutes ago, TheRealVenom said:

Well this book is ice cold it seems... 

Kinda crazy because issue 2 isn't even out yet.  Could it have anything to do with all the hype about Babyteeth?

Babyteeth isn't even an image book. Half the hype of redneck was it was the next crazy huge image book. Plus babyteeth is already being over saturated as iv'e seen over 10 store variants for issue 1. 

I'm hoping Redneck only cooled down due to the people in the know already have and are hoarding their copies.

I didn't say anything about Babyteeth being an Image book.  The fact that another title by Cates may be drawing some extra attention away from Redneck is all that I was saying.  Just because it's not Image doesn't mean it couldn't do so.