• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me build a comic clearance website to fund charities
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Help me build a comic clearance website to fund charities

Hello,

I'm tryng to build a massive comic clearance website to help fund charities.  The basic vision is to have 20,000 or more comics and comic related items available at all times, with nothing above $3 (most at $1 or less) and to offer a flat shipping fee of $5 to any US address no matter how much you buy.  A portion of all revenue generated would go to charitable organizations.  I've done all the legwork...I've scoped the site platform, built the tools and process to enter items efficiently, trained the data entry people, and I already have 40,000+ comics to enter to get things going.  All I need now is the funds to pay some folks to do the data entry.  I'm looking for any small donation anyone feels generous enough to make to help me get this off the ground.

You can read more about my campaign on my gofundme page at:

https://www.gofundme.com/comicstore

You can also view the site (still a work in progress) so far if you want.
https://garage-sale-sabbatical.myshopify.com
Enter password: predew

A lot of the text and images are still placeholders...still working on it...but, this should give you a good idea of what I'm working on. When its fully ready I'll get a better domain name/URL too.

Thanks for your support!

Matt

I'm not a charitable organization.  So...no, don't have any documentation per se to provide.  My goal is to build a clearance comic webstore...to sell my own stuff and ultimately take consigements from others.  I do intend to donate a portion of all proceeds to charities...many of which would have documentation...like Autism Speaks, etc.  But, I  suppose that part (the donating a proceeds part) would have to be taken on the basis of my word.  Of course, some people might well feel moved to donate because they want such a site to exist...both to buy comics cheaper than they can elsewhere or maybe cosign stuff that is uncosignable elsewhere.

Hope that helps

Thanks