• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Shops in Phoenix AZ

12 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Fantastic Worlds in Scottsdale owned by long time boardie ciorac aka Bill Ponseti.

Fantastic Worlds

Pretty wild!  I work at PayPal (about 2 minutes away) and live about 10 minutes from this comic shop and never knew it existed.  I'm going to have to go there now that I know about it.

I'd like to 2nd All About Books & Comics.  Probably one of the top 10 shops in the country.

Edited by rjrjr

I've had done business with All About Comics personally and met with Alan and Marsha who are the owners of the store.  Both very very nice people and passionate about the hobby.  They just got in a huge GA,SA, and I believe BA collection from a long-time collector and are slowly liquidating his collection.  I would definitely check it out.

If you're in the area and depending where you are you could always hit up board member robotec and see if he will be at his warehouse. That is where you'll find a lot of hidden treasures and goodies at grade prices. Mostly high end keys but also everything in between too...lol.

All about books and comics though is one of the best. I didn't know about fantastic worlds either and I live in Chandler...haha

I believe Ed's transitioning out of the business but may still have his storage room. Boardie 'Mikes Rack' has a room in the same complex and is great to work with. As far as stores I agree that ABC is a good all-around store but would add Greg's Comics in Mesa. Total hole in the wall place but is packed with goodness. Still haven't been to Fantastic Worlds yet.

Also, Ashe Ave. Comics in Tempe has a good indie and TPB selection. 

23 hours ago, Hekla said:

I believe Ed's transitioning out of the business but may still have his storage room. Boardie 'Mikes Rack' has a room in the same complex and is great to work with. As far as stores I agree that ABC is a good all-around store but would add Greg's Comics in Mesa. Total hole in the wall place but is packed with goodness. Still haven't been to Fantastic Worlds yet.

Also, Ashe Ave. Comics in Tempe has a good indie and TPB selection. 

I've been meaning to check out Greg's Comics in Mesa myself.

I checked out Ash Ave and it is like you said-- mostly newer stuff and very limited selection on anything bronze or earlier. Nice staff though.

My transitioning out phase is on hold as I purchased over 20,000 comics in the past 3 months. :banana:

I will actually be at my storage unit today and tomorrow getting ready for the Phoenix Con. Send me a PM and we can see if we can meet up. I have a lot of new inventory. Located at 59th Avenue and the 101 Loop on the far north side.