• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Review

3 posts in this topic

CGC Review

Hi

its my understanding that I can have a comic already graded reviewed for the purpose of validating the grade. I've also heard that if this is done, the grade can not be lowered and if course there's no guarantee it will go higher but it could.

Is my understanding correct?

I have a comic that I've compared to many at the same grade level available on line and believe mine is in much better condition. Would love to have it reviewed.

Looking forward to clarification.

Ed

50 minutes ago, Emdoller said:

CGC Review

Hi

its my understanding that I can have a comic already graded reviewed for the purpose of validating the grade. I've also heard that if this is done, the grade can not be lowered and if course there's no guarantee it will go higher but it could.

Is my understanding correct?

I have a comic that I've compared to many at the same grade level available on line and believe mine is in much better condition. Would love to have it reviewed.

Looking forward to clarification.

Ed

Get the existing notes on the book first as there may be something you cannot see. My understanding about the review is that you submit it, in the slab, under a tier one notch below the tier it should be in. If CGC thinks it can improve they will crack the slab open and it will be regraded. If they do not think it can improve they leave it in the slab. However, I don't think there is any guarantee about the grade. If what they tell us is true and the graders have no history of any books they are looking at, I would think there is a chance it can grade lower. The one time I did a review, the book was returned to me, as is, in the original slab = not a lot of experience with it.