• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2019 at 10:07 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 12/13/2019 at 9:56 AM, Turtle said:

I LOVE this movie.  But the scene as it was presented made me roll my eyes.  Not because it was an all-female shot, but because at that moment the thought that any of the ladies could do anything that would actually help Captain Marvel was laughable.  Except for Thanos himself, there was no threat to her on that battlefield. 

Exactly.

Nothing wrong with an all-female shot, or scene, but it was just executed poorly.

You do realize that a metaphor is obvious here, right?

When an all-female grouping exists specifically for the purpose of being all-female, there will be one or two who are leaders and the rest are just there to be seen. :whistle:

(Before anyone kills the messenger, the same is true for all-male groups existing specificially for the purpose of being all-male, or all-whatever groups only trying to be all-whatever.) :hi: 

9 minutes ago, valiantman said:

When an all-female grouping exists specifically for the purpose of being all-female, there will be one or two who are leaders and the rest are just there to be seen. :whistle:

(Before anyone kills the messenger, the same is true for all-male groups existing specificially for the purpose of being all-male, or all-whatever groups only trying to be all-whatever.) :hi: 

:sick:

7 hours ago, valiantman said:

Beautiful women! 

:hi:

AEG-BTS-women crew1.jpg

AEG-BTS-women crew3.jpg

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

And yet I recognize almost none of them...

And you are...?

These beautiful women worked on the biggest movie in the 107 year history of film in the United States.

Unlike some people who scour the internet for OOP Limited Edition Foil Embossed HC Signature Series books. :baiting:    

2 minutes ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

And you are...?

These beautiful women worked on the biggest movie in the 107 year history of film in the United States.

Unlike some people who scour the internet for OOP Limited Edition Foil Embossed HC Signature Series books. :baiting:    

:sick:

Spoiler

I'm Batman.

We're now in the thick of awards season, with the majority of the different critics associations and organizations around the country having already released the list of nominations for their annual awards. The Golden Globes have been the most notable so far, and all eyes are looking ahead to the prestigious Academy Award nominations, which will be announced next month. Earlier this week, the Music City Film Critics' Association, comprised of critics based in Nashville, TN, recognized the best that the film industry had to offer in 2019 by announcing its full list of nominations.

Like with many other organizations over the past few weeks, the MCFCA has nominated Todd Phillips' Joker for multiple awards. It has four nominations in all, including Best Actor (Joaquin Phoenix) and Best Picture. Avengers: Endgame also managed to land nominations for Best Acting Ensemble and Best Action Film. Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood led all films with nine total nominations.

BEST PICTURE
APOLLO 11
JOJO RABBIT
JOKER
KNIVES OUT
LITTLE WOMEN
MARRIAGE STORY
ONCE UPON A TIME…IN HOLLYWOOD
PARASITE
THE IRISHMAN

BEST ACTOR
Eddie Murphy – DOLEMITE IS MY NAME
Joaquin Phoenix – JOKER
Adam Driver – MARRIAGE STORY
Taron Edgerton – ROCKETMAN
Adam Sandler – UNCUT GEMS

BEST ACTING ENSEMBLE
AVENGERS: ENDGAME
KNIVES OUT
PARASITE
THE IRISHMAN

BEST SCORE
JOKER
MARRIAGE STORY
STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER
US

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
JOKER
PARASITE
THE LIGHTHOUSE

BEST ACTION FILM
AVENGERS: ENDGAME
JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3 – PARABELLUM
SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME
STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Wouldn't that be a nice way to end 2019 with two comic book films taking all categories? :wishluck: :wishluck:

I wasn't as impressed with Endgame's VFX compared to Infinity War. I thought that some of the outstanding work done was put-off by the backdrop. Like Professor Hulk's diner scene. If you focus on the incredible detail of Hulk - the backdrop just looks fake AF. I find that Infinity War didn't have any of these problems (outside of Ruffalo's head atop of Veronica at times).