AVENGERS 4: INFINITY GAUNTLET (5/3/19)
6 6

2,087 posts in this topic

18,914 posts

The wife and I are going to Dinner and movie for this one. We can eat and watch the movie 
at same time.

:whee:

42,010 posts
Posted (edited)

So, biggest box office ever, best superhero movie reviews ever, sweep at the Oscars, world peace achieved, and the Hollywood game ends and Kevin Feige is declared the winner?  Is that the verdict now?  hm

Edited by fantastic_four

16,284 posts

what an embarrassment of riches.  Disney pulled off the deal of the century at $4BB.

22,098 posts

Not a fan of these online youtube/twitter reviewers so far, but one of my go-to university educated long time actual movie critics has spoken:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/apr/23/avengers-endgame-review-unconquerable-brilliance-takes-marvel-to-new-heights

4,512 posts
6 hours ago, paperheart said:

what an embarrassment of riches.  Disney pulled off the deal of the century at $4BB.

Yup - and they did it without Spider-Man, the X-Men, or Fantastic Four.

636 posts
9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

The wife and I are going to Dinner and movie for this one. We can eat and watch the movie 
at same time.

:whee:

I wouldn't pass up IMAX 3D on this one. There's always time for dinner.

What's encouraging to me about RT so far, is the top critics #.

Avengers was at 85, and the other two turd sequels were at 74.

This one is at 95 so far.

I'm just not enough of a fanboy to care about these movies if they're badly written turds.

I'm very excited about this one,

81,811 posts

These big-event films come with so much hype, he tries to be disconnected from reviews. He is happy to say this was a satisfying film that brought tons of storylines to a fantastic conclusion. Overall, an A- experience.

1,788 posts
39 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

These big-event films come with so much hype, he tries to be disconnected from reviews. He is happy to say this was a satisfying film that brought tons of storylines to a fantastic conclusion. Overall, an A- experience.

That’s the thing. I feel like simply not being a disappointment is a victory with the amount of hype this movie has...

81,811 posts
1 minute ago, Callaway29 said:

That’s the thing. I feel like simply not being a disappointment is a victory with the amount of hype this movie has...

Agreed. Something this massive with so many stories intertwined could turn into a confusing mess. It sounds like the Russo Brothers nailed it.

6,966 posts
Posted (edited)

For a movie over 3 hours long to receive only 3 (early) "negative reviews" by critics out of 120 is seemingly a testament to this movie working.

The 3 negative reviews so far are, basically:

"Epic poem on the futility of the MCU." ?????

"Disappointing as a result of how great Infinity War is." ?????

"Narratives are undercut by faux-improv comedy." ?????

Edited by TwoPiece
More-direct quotes.

81,811 posts
18 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

For a movie like this, the ONLY review I'm interested in and will agree with is....mine! 

But that fellow is such a hard reviewer. Can you even listen to him?

:insane:

5,375 posts
1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

But that fellow is such a hard reviewer. Can you even listen to him?

:insane:

Yeah, I know...can be so critical on the slightest things sometimes. 

1,275 posts

Why are so many people saying they cried:cry:.  That only makes me think Captain America or Iron Man is gonna die (or both!).

Stan Lee cameo?

End credits?  Do I need to stay 10 minutes after the 3 hours?

I have no patience.

81,811 posts
1 minute ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Why are so many people saying they cried:cry:.  That only makes me think Captain America or Iron Man is gonna die (or both!).

Stan Lee cameo?

End credits?  Do I need to stay 10 minutes after the 3 hours?

I have no patience.

I had read a few articles that noted there is no credits scene. But there is something special at the end worth waiting for.

I wonder if it is a Stan Lee tribute.

6,966 posts
Just now, Bosco685 said:

I had read a few articles that noted there is no credits scene. But there is something special at the end worth waiting for.

I wonder if it is a Stan Lee tribute.

This sounds 100% awesome.

No credit scene is what I want. I'm staying, just in case, and a "final" Stan Lee tribute would be the perfect replacement to keep from being angry at myself for waiting for nothing.

6,966 posts

I always try to hold back my tears for all movies, even including Logan, and Infinity War.

I'm just gonna let 'em rip these next few days. All of my friends and family know it's gonna be sad at some points.

6,966 posts

Idk if you guys have seen the "Road to Infinity War" video on YouTube from a year ago, but at the end of the video, they added:

"Thank you Marvel Studios for a decade of stories."

I wouldn't be surprised if the post-credits are dedicated to us, the fans. I'll cry. lol

4,805 posts
Posted (edited)

I caved in last night and bought tickets for this Sunday. I usually stay away from these movies until several weeks after the release, to avoid crowds, but I really do NOT want to have this one spoiled after an 11-year wait.

(And I NEED to know which new characters, if any, appear asap. I am a comic book vendor after all!!! :bigsmile:)

Edited by KEY ISSUES Comics