• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Titanic was the same, its pace was FAR slower than Endgame but steady, it was out at LEAST 9 months, maybe more.

If I remember, Titanic was in theaters for at least a year.  I recall looking in the local movie section of the Sunday paper which would list the top movies in release and how long they had been out and Titanic surpassed 52 weeks.

1 minute ago, ExNihilo said:

If I remember, Titanic was in theaters for at least a year.  I recall looking in the local movie section of the Sunday paper which would list the top movies in release and how long they had been out and Titanic surpassed 52 weeks.

Titanic closed in most theaters around the 10-month mark, but there were theaters in the Midwest that still had it after a full year.

4 hours ago, OrangeNemesis said:

Didn't it take Avatar like 9 months to reach that number though?

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Titanic was the same, its pace was FAR slower than Endgame but steady, it was out at LEAST 9 months, maybe more.

Both Avatar & Titanic we’re out for 8 - 10 months but the majority of the domestic box office came in 16 weeks for Avatar, but Titanic was still making 10M+ each after 16 weeks & still stayed strong for a few more months. Not sure about International BO but some countries played them nearly as long. 

54 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

DC_MCU_BO190516a.thumb.PNG.7ad15846475d9ce5c3f096118ce0db09.PNG

International Box Office is where Endgame needs to jump up for sure.

It’s still dipping more than 50% at less than 10M on weekdays, so I expect around 770 domestic & 1850 International at best, maybe only 2.6B worldwide by Sunday. Probably another 2+ weeks to reach 2.7B & crawl another 30M - 50M over a few months. Hopefully it will get a nice bump worldwide when Spidey 2 comes out.

6 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

It's easy to forget that this thing has only been out for 3 weeks... It won't be done for, what, another 5 more months?

Well the latter weeks/month won't gain much in the way of box office.  The screen counts and number of showings go way down.  Just as an example, TFA entire domestic FEB made ~$30m, MAR ~$8m, and half of APR ~$1m.

GoT has probably hurt SUN nights a little bit.  And now the summer blockbusters are starting to roll out.

10 hours ago, 234wallst said:

Well the latter weeks/month won't gain much in the way of box office.  The screen counts and number of showings go way down.  Just as an example, TFA entire domestic FEB made ~$30m, MAR ~$8m, and half of APR ~$1m.

GoT has probably hurt SUN nights a little bit.  And now the summer blockbusters are starting to roll out.

Idk. Sounds like my GOT friends are pretty deflated. They may just DVR the next episode and watch a great movie instead.

29 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

I'm sure I could just Google this but someone may know right away: are there any territories that Endgame hasn't opened in yet?

Last release dates.

• USA
    26 April 2019
  • Vietnam
    26 April 2019
  • Armenia
    28 April 2019
  • Russia
    29 April 2019