• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heathen #1 Hand Numbered

4 posts in this topic

Heathen #1 Hand Numbered

I was looking to buy a copy of the hand numbered limited edition heathen 1 variant from eBay.  I was wondering how Hand numbered worked with CGC grading.  Some resellers are selling with CGC grading included in price (book is a preorder) and others are selling just the book.  If the numbering isn't CGC witnessed, does that then mean the book would get a green label rather than blue?  Worse, would the grading be downscored cause of the "writing on the book"?  

Any insight would be appreciated.

When you get a green label, the defect that causes the book to end up in said green label holder is ignored for the purposes of grading. An unverified cover signature on a book in green label slab, for instance, will never affect the CGC grade of the book.

Unless you're picking up a hand numbered book directly from the artist or publisher booth at a show with a CGC witness in tow, your hand numbered book will get a qualified label by default.

On 4/26/2017 at 9:39 PM, Drbearsec said:

Thanks.  I'll have to decide if I want to spend the extra to buy the one from the guy submitting to CGC for SS or not.   Decisions decisions 

Well made the guy an offer and he took it so pretty happy with the cost of this at the SS grading. Now hoping for a 9.8 or higher!