• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Premiere #1, need some knowledge

4 posts in this topic

Marvel Premiere #1, need some knowledge

I am looking to buy Marvel Premiere #1. Is it a poor time to buy it due to the mcu? Do you think the price will spike then dip? Or will it plateau? Your advice and knowledge is very much appreciated.

Generally speaking, if you follow the market at all then I believe one could come to certain conclusions that key books (especially older books and characters appearing or rumored to appear in movies/tv/netflix, etc) should be purchased as soon as you find the book that meets your purchasing criteria.   In my personal experience, waiting only means I'm paying a higher price for the keys on my list.  Warlock is a little different, as it seems there are three, maybe even four, books that get mushed up to constitute his actual first appearance.  So I believe the cost to get in on Warlock tends to get spread over those three/four books.  There are some good threads containing interesting discussion on that topic, as others have weighed which book to purchase.  Speaking for myself, I think one has to attain them all to cover your bases.

Hope that helps.

11 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

MP 1 had been going up in higher grades, especially 9.4 and above. Meanwhile, FF 66 and 67 have leveled off or even gone down. I don't think MP 1 is getting cheaper anytime soon.

Have to agree here. MP1 was the most affordable Warlock key for the longest time. Now, people (mostly speculators) are catching up and parking their money on this book.