• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smith's Spring Cleaning Sale! All kinds of oddball items - merch, videos, anime, comix, nostalgia, and more!
1 1

28 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Trying to finally move a bunch of stuff in the wasteland of Mixed that has been gathering over time in an effort to raise funds to reinvest with all you sellers here on the boards.  There will be all kinds of things in this thread, starting more with miscellaneous items and eventually settling into a mishmash of books running from Silver to Modern.  In the spirit of the title I'll be running this through the balance of the spring and closing it out on June 20 so as not to hold a spring sale into the summer.

RULES:

1. PayPal is strongly preferred and short of meeting me and offering me stacks of cash really the be-all, end-all payment option.
2. Returns accepted within one week of receipt if something arrives not as described. I'll split return shipping costs with you.
3. No probies or HOSers.
4. Given the variety of things I'll be listing, I'll aim to pack the most securely at the best rate for you.  USPS Priority is my preference for comics; media mail/cheapest option for other things, unless you prefer otherwise.  I'm located in Canada but am in the States every two weeks or so, therefore will happily ship out via USPS on that every-two-week schedule, or to within Canada ASAP.
5. Since I plan to add things to this thread over the course of a month or so, I'll only plan to issue invoices around June 20, but again, if you buy something and want it sooner, we can do that, too.
6. :takeit:in the thread rules all and trumps anything via PM.  If something sells via PM either the buyer or myself will need to confirm the sale in the thread to make it official.
7. I've quietly bought and sold here for going on eight years now, and time has flown.  My kudos are in my sig if you want to check 'em out.

Thanks for your interest and have fun - feel free to make irreverent remarks or otherwise derail the thread in an effort to add life to this particular subforum!

Edited by smithdatura

"Terminus Bar & Grill" T-shirt - $5

Designed and sold by an artist at a local 'Con with "Let us serve you!" and "Join us at the Crossing" above and below the main logo - nice insider-jokey piece for a TWD fan.  Rust-colored shirt, as you see from the pic, 100% cotton and size L.  Worn once and washed in great shape with no stains or holes.

IMG_9464.thumb.JPG.d6e69e8dab3dee7e0d71fa02843f3944.JPG

"THOR '62" T-shirt - $6

Cool officially-licensed by Marvel T designed by Mad Engine.  I love it because of the vintage Kirby art. 100% cotton, size XL, though the length is more like an L with the width the XL.  Bought and worn once then washed in great shape with no stains or holes... I needed the XL length which this didn't have.

IMG_9463.thumb.JPG.5791ec5c507fa1e488c3a8b367806e7d.JPG

Cycle of the Werewolf (3rd printing) - $8

Such a cool story made even better by the amazing color plates and black-and-white line art throughout by the master of the macabre, Berni Wrightson.  The sense of dread that looms over this whole tale is palpable. Book is in nice shape but has slight wear on the cover here and there.  In comic terms I'd call it a FN/VF.

IMG_9486.thumb.JPG.28b1a39d51d81ace1e7d56e9d383fc8e.JPGIMG_9487.thumb.JPG.289d8aa60857a8e382da36c7b0b7daaa.JPG

Edited by smithdatura

DC Heroes "Blood Feud" RPM featuring the New Teen Titans - $4

Man, I had a blast with these games back in the day.  Module has a 1985 copyright on it and shows some light wear and staining but overall is very nice.  I'd call it about a FN+, grade-wise.

IMG_9474.thumb.JPG.7d1850e6272d099cc202f1204cde3752.JPG

Edited by smithdatura
fixed a spelling mistake!

Gremlins Special Edition DVD (New, sealed, Canadian bilingual packaging) - $3 ($5.97 on Amazon)

Barb Wire Unrated DVD (New, sealed) - $4 ($9.99 on Amazon)

Batman The Animated Series - The Legend Begins (previously viewed, French packaging shows wear, contents are in English and French) - FREE to first person who makes purchase and claims it

IMG_9475.thumb.JPG.dfe3f22a0717ed0cdf40b7db805b7b04.JPG

Batman: Gotham Knight DVD (previously viewed - disc and insert are great and packaging is nice save for color loss along tape from when security sticker was removed) - $2

Planet Hulk DVD (previously viewed - cardboard sleeve with Alex Ross cover art included, interior disc and case and case art like new... This is one hot DVD thanks to the trailer for Thor: Ragnarok! :insane:) - $5

Spider-Man vs. Doc Ock DVD (previously viewed, everything is like new) - $2

IMG_9473.thumb.JPG.46892c65110eedf81ad0b5c6422155d2.JPG

Captain N The Game Master: The Complete Series (previously viewed box set in excellent condition... OOP and extremely HTF) - $65 (starts at $99 on Amazon)

The Legend of Zelda: The Complete Animated Series (previously viewed box set in excellent condition... OOP) - $28 (starts at $44 on Amazon)

The Lord of the Rings (1978 animated film) DVD (previously viewed, like new) - $4

IMG_9472.thumb.JPG.59bb4947387028bfffad08d5a87cc0b7.JPG

Vintage new old stock: X-Men Backpacks - $10 each or $18 for pair

Backpacks are brand new and are from 1994.  Wolvie on his own has lost the cardboard tag but the plastic ring for the tag is still attached; Wolvie and Bishop still have the tag attached.  Note the ruler for size - these guys are big enough to hold a bunch of purchases to make you stand out as the coolest attendee at your next 'Con!

IMG_9460.thumb.JPG.bd354ee600ef692190f53e3052d390ee.JPG

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Players Handbook (6th printing) - $12 (I'd call it about a VG/FN)

Advanced D&D Monster Manual (4th edition) - $28 (outside the sticker residue on the "L," a very attractive copy - I'd call it a FN)

IMG_9481.thumb.JPG.921ee2523a4474f046de82f35872daa2.JPG

Batman: The Widening Gyre (complete set) - $12

A must for fans of Comic Book Men... and really, who isn't? Story by Kevin Smith and art by Secret Stash manager Walt Flanagan.  It really must be seen to be believed.  The six books average VF/NM or better.

IMG_9461.thumb.JPG.9dc4cc0ad7772e68d2b320907ac3dc41.JPG

Sabretooth: Open Season - $4

Superman: They Saved Luthor's Brain! - $5

Punisher: Dark Reign HC - $6

Batman: Year One - $6

All trades were bought on Amazon and carefully read once.  So the condition is essentially "as new shipped from Amazon."

IMG_9480.thumb.JPG.e3915f6b95ced11133a50aec75e9cb04.JPG

Flash Gordon: The Movie hardcover - $45

Tough to price this one.  Pretty rare book from 1980 and while the softcover version will pop up on eBay fairly regularly, the hardcover like this is much harder to find.  There's a FN available elsewhere online but I would call this, conservatively, a VF-... it really is quite gorgeous, with beautiful rich colors on the art by the incomparable Al Williamson.

IMG_9470.thumb.JPG.1dbe495a6f7f3a759e062fe14549ec44.JPGIMG_9471.thumb.JPG.d722808f6b52201202f26d543c8d342f.JPG

The Kids in the Hall: The Complete Season 1 DVD set (previously viewed box set - box shows slight wear but rest is in excellent shape) - $5

Trailer Park Boys: The Complete First and Second Seasons DVD set (previously viewed 3-disc set in excellent condition) - $6

IMG_9477.thumb.JPG.43d3fd4d47ed0e9412e7b3cab701ddd2.JPG

Marvel Super-Heroes Adventure Gamebook: Night of the Wolverine - $5

Marvel Super-Heroes Adventure Gamebook: Rocket's Red Glare - $9

These are so awesome, and relatively hard to find.  Choose Your Own Adventure x Marvel super heroes?  As a kid I was like, yes please.  The Wolvie book is missing the stats card has a bit more wear overall (VG/FNish), while the Cap book includes the stats card (detached, as you can see) and probably is closer to a FN+ or so.  But let's be honest, if you're buying these, you're buying them to play, right?

IMG_9465.thumb.JPG.52faac8b9c135fc30281cf6faceb7e82.JPG

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

where's my sausages!

Truly so many classic sketches.  I still can recite the "These are the Daves I Know" song pretty much by heart...

R. Crumb's Head Comix: Twenty Years Later - $8

R. Crumb's Carload O'Comics - $9

Light corner wear on both trades but overall very nice.  If you're interested in the set you can have them for both for $15.

IMG_9479.thumb.JPG.f4087e50500e98983c3a10973714ccde.JPG

George Herriman's "Krazy Kat" HC (1977) - $25

Not too sure how to price this one as there are only a few on eBay and the cheapest is $35.  Regardless, actual book/pages/front and back boards are all very nice, while the DJ is in overall very good shape with some visible wear on edges/corners but no major rips or stains.

IMG_9580.thumb.JPG.1cfefb745885bf48156a157bf4724cbf.JPGIMG_9581.thumb.JPG.bb3058077795adc7a704fbe6f1485736.JPG