• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Flaming_Telepath said:

It's how simplistic it would be that tells me there's more. I'm sure the siege of Kings Landing would be magnificent, but there's got to be huge twists and turns to make it a satisfying ending.

I wonder if it could a final scene moment? Like once they select the final King or Queen, a character comes forward to reveal they had been influencing the events over many years, surprising everyone. Though making it a deeper reveal would be great.

Episode 4, 5 and 6 are quite long (1 hour 18 minutes and 1 hour 20 minutes x 2).

24 minutes ago, Flaming_Telepath said:

It's how simplistic it would be that tells me there's more. I'm sure the siege of Kings Landing would be magnificent, but there's got to be huge twists and turns to make it a satisfying ending.

At the end, Daenerys lust for the iron throne will have her turn on the Starks.  They all get stabbed and when the Stark supporters try to help, Daenerys repeats " BURN THEM ALL, BURN THEM ALL, BURN THEM ALL!" fade to black.

Many are predicting Littlefinger to return.

Did anyone predict Ned's beheading? Drogo's death? The Red Wedding? Arya's revenge? Destruction of the Sept? Hodor? 

Did anyone predict Jon would be murdered by Ollie & Co.... and then brought back?

Did anyone predict Jon being Rheagar's son?

Did anyone predict Arya would kill the NK that quickly?

Did anyone predict Winterfell would even be standing at the end of this battle and nearly all main characters still alive?

GOT is predictably unpredictable. (:

2 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

At the end, Daenerys lust for the iron throne will have her turn on the Starks.  They all get stabbed and when the Stark supporters try to help, Daenerys repeats " BURN THEM ALL, BURN THEM ALL, BURN THEM ALL!" fade to black.

:whatthe:

Wouldn't that be wild?!

Has Martin commented on his feelings about the show possibly stealing the thunder from his book?  I'm guessing it will be different, so there's going to be obvious and inevitable comparisons between the HBO show's story points and whatever Martin's will be in that book. But who knows, maybe his Arya single-handedly stops the undead army, too.

Edited by fantastic_four

10 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Has Martin commented on his feelings about the show possibly stealing the thunder from his book?  I'm guessing it will be different, so there's going to be obvious and inevitable comparisons between the HBO show's story points and whatever Martin's will be in that book. But who knows, maybe his Arya single-handedly stops the undead army, too.

I'll have to find it. But there was an article a few months back where during the interview George R.R. Martin made it clear the books will not be following the show path 100%.

Big assumption there those books will ever see the light of day. Fans are like...

emotion01.gif.f58f60ce9d2034fb40591cca5dc2dd19.gif

Arya and the Faceless Man have always had some type of special relationship, so it wouldn’t surprise me if some of these ‘crazy’ theories had at least some merit.

Note in the last episode how the “Not today” quote, besides being a powerful literary tool, also brings Syrio back into the memory fold from Season 1. A flashback recounting his fate in dealing with the King’s Guard (when he was armed with just a wooden sword) would be most delicious. 

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

Weren't there rumors and reports of multiple "alternate" endings of the series were filmed so that even the cast won't know which ending will be aired? 

I didn't hear that one. And especially with this cast, there have been no Tom 'what, me blab' Holland or Mark 'butt dial' Ruffalo events. That's 'a thing'.

:insane:

Where is Arya's Dire Wolf?  Isn't it still alive?

I remember when she ran into a pack of wolves in the woods and discovered her Dire Wolf leading them.....but I don't remember seeing it after that?

16 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I remember when she ran into a pack of wolves in the woods and discovered her Dire Wolf leading them.....but I don't remember seeing it after that?

That was actually little finger in disguise. :gossip:

3 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

The wolf is wild and running free. She gave it up in order to protect it from certain death.  After that chance encounter you remember, they went separate ways.

what if the threat of the Night King hasn't been fully extinguished? That's what Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss might have teased when asked about the White Walkers possibly returning. The two appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live to discuss the final season of HBO's epic.

Kimmel levied a lot of questions their way, and the two danced around spoilers by responding "it's possible" or some variation with many of their answers. But when asked if we're for sure done with the White Walkers, Benioff flat out refused to say much.

"We're not going to answer that," Benioff told Kimmel.

That non-answer might seem telling, but the cast has been open about their reactions to the Night King's death — and it seems like the character won't come back.

Edited by Bosco685

Some of us are still recovering after the harrowing events of "The Long Night," but we don't have much longer until the next epic episode in the final season of Game of Thrones. And if you thought the Battle of Winterfell was insane, the stars of the series are already teasing that there's a lot more to come. In fact, Jon Snow actor Kit Harington just made a strong proclamation about the fourth episode airing this Sunday.

While speaking with Entertainment Weekly, Harington explained that the upcoming episode might be his favorite one of the series and provided a pretty compelling reason why.

"One of my favorite episodes is 4 because the characters have seemingly got what they needed," Harington said of the heroes who survived the war with the Night King. "The world is safe now. They’re celebrating and saying goodbye to lost friends. But as an audience you’re going, ‘This is only episode 4, something’s going to happen.’ And that’s the cool thing because I think the characters are aware of this as well. There’s something twisted and uncomfortable about it. It’s so Shakespearian."

There are THREE prequel shows in development?

George RR Martin, the author of the books that inspired of Game of Thrones, says there are several shows set in the same universe being developed. After reports surfaced that plans some of those planned followup series are being canceled by HBO, Martin assures fans that at least three are still coming along just fine.

“We have had five different GAME OF THRONES successor shows in development (I mislike the term ‘spinoffs;) at HBO, and three of them are still moving forward nicely," Martin wrote in a post to his blog. "The one I am not supposed to call THE LONG NIGHT will be shooting later this year, and two other shows remain in the -script stage, but are edging closer. What are they about? I cannot say. But maybe some of you should pick up a copy of FIRE & BLOOD and come up with your own theories.”

Martin has made a similar tease before, referring to Fire & Blood, the book covering the fictional history of House Targaryen. The first volume was released in November 2018 with a second volume still planned. His tease suggests one of these in-development shows may cover some of the same subject matter.

The show that is not currently called The Long Night is, as Martin said, expected to shoot its pilot later this year. That series is set during Westeros’ Age of Heroes, the era when the Great Houses were first founded. SJ Clarkson is set to direct the pilot.