• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

So, how many sheep will Drogon eat after breathing fire for, like, a half hour straight? 

27 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Jon Snow, the queen slayer

Yea that's my guess as well, but it does seem predictable.

I'm still trying to decide if I would have withdrawn from Daenerys like Jon did in this episode when she was coming onto him.  On the one hand, I get it.  On the other, with Emilia Clarke hanging on my business I'm thinking my sense of honor wouldn't stand a chance against my libido.  hm

So Tyrion is going to be the next target, Dany herself warned him as did Jamie. What is Tyrion now thinking? His friend Varys was right about her, and he was executed for it (because Tyrion informed on him). Shame.

4 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

So Tyrion is going to be the next target, Dany herself warned him as did Jamie. What is Tyrion now thinking? His friend Varys was right about her, and he was executed for it (because Tyrion informed on him). Shame.

emotions01.gif.f6820a36d42d2ed863a0eba2177f3c20.gif

OOPS

emotions01b.gif.c79dbd60403bc3dd12804760e05e9b41.gif

Dang it!

emotions01c.gif.73506c6cba0b20264e182755f1658a1b.gif

There she is! :luhv:

1 minute ago, Flaming_Telepath said:

Nope. He remains too honourable. He might want to, but I bet he can't bring himself to do so.

It's going to be Arya, I reckon

Yes it will be Arya.

Honestly, this is right up Arya's alley. All that training with the faceless men. Their goal was to give a painless death to the suffering. The people of King's Landing suffered in an unimaginably severe and unprovoked way. Balancing the scales of their suffering would be an ideal use of their powers and skills. 

The showrunners had a choice of which way to go. Jon taking her down to close the loop on his story. Or Dany taking out Jon and Tyrion and everyone else she thinks betrayed her or threatens her and, just when she thinks she's won, Arya takes her out. 

I am sure there's a smart and clever way to tell this story and I am sure the showrunners won't come within 100 miles of it. 

Does Dany have any thought of flying up to Winterfell and laying waste to the city?

Probably outside the scope of the show with just 1 episode left, but mere mention could be another downfall catalyst.

39 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

She may not see it his way, but I don't see how he "failed her again."  He released Jaime to try to get Cersei to leave peacefully to save all the people in the city and it simply didn't work.  He didn't put Daenerys at any kind of further disadvantage that would constitute failure.

One thing I didn't get was who rang the bells and why.  At first I thought it was Jaime in an attempt to delay the invasion to he could save Cersei, but then we saw him elsewhere.  Tyrion said that if the people saw imminent defeat they'd ring the bells to evacuate the city--so was it those Golden Company dudes who put down their swords who rang the bell?  Weren't they hired hands?  I couldn't tell who did it or exactly why.

Just now, jcjames said:

I missed this entire conversation because the folks I were watching it with chattering on.

Yeah, it was crystal clear. The little girl was nervous as hell about it, that Dany's guards were watching her, and he calmed her and promised her a great reward for her great risk.

It was the scene where he wasn't just talking about telling everyone who Jon really was, but actively removing whom he saw as a danger to the 7 kingdoms.

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

One thing I didn't get was who rang the bells and why.  At first I thought it was Jaime in an attempt to delay the invasion to he could save Cersei, but then we saw him elsewhere.  Tyrion said that if the people saw imminent defeat they'd ring the bells to evacuate the city--so was it those Golden Company dudes who put down their swords who rang the bell?  Weren't they hired hands?  I couldn't tell who did it or exactly why.

635e094b-e770-4db7-99d8-9d87b574be72_scr

Edited by jcjames

Just now, fantastic_four said:

She may not see it his way, but I don't see how he "failed her again."  He released Jaime to try to get Cersei to leave peacefully to save all the people in the city and it simply didn't work.  He didn't put Daenerys at any kind of further disadvantage that would constitute failure.

The guys who laid down their swords were the Lannister main army. The Golden Company were just the soldiers outside the gate. You could tell from the armor and helmets. As to who rang the bell, whomever was in the bell tower that though it might help him not be burned to death probably rang it. 

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I think where you may are leaning is the order of things being built. But the story point is the Targaryens built both structures (if we consider the entire Red Keep as one massive structure).

So the show-runners were not far off the mark, right? You just wanted them to note 'First they had built Aegonfort, which then transitioned to the Red Keep over time'. Just to keep it completely accurate.

:foryou:

No, it's not about keeping it accurate.  It's about context.  The Red Keep, and even Aegonfort are meaningless to the Targaryens.  It's a house.  It's not their ancestral home (which is Valyria) or their family seat (Dragonstone) it's a castle that they built.  That would be like the Bran Stark losing his mind after the Night's King took Castle Black, because Bran the Builder built it 8,000 years ago.  It's just bad writing.  

47 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Did ANYONE miss that? 

Especially after he made it clear she should get back to the KITCHEN before they miss her, you know the place where they handle and prepare food.