• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Pretty sure it's Jamie's kid.  They've done nothing to make it seem that Cersei and Greyjoy slept together.  

They've done the opposite as far as I can tell.  She seems disgusted by him every time she's around him, and she seems to be dangling marriage in front of him just to get him to help fight Daenerys.  I expect she won't marry him even if he wins the war for her.

Edited by fantastic_four

48 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Yeah, she's definitely dangling a royal carrot in front of him. 

I wonder if she is really pregnant.

The entire 'rubbing the belly' in front of Tyrion seemed so obvious she was trying to convey she is pregnant. And now knowing she was scheming with Euron in advance of the meeting, the entire situation could be one to keep Jaime loyal to her for the sake of the child while she did everything possible to destroy her enemies. Including not honoring the truce.

Talk about a twisted woman.

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Jaime seemed obtuse to me this episode.  Why did he feel that his own honor was at stake for Cersei promising to send him to battle the undead?  That was Cersei's promise, not his.  Her logic is sound to me--they were just about to get their butts whipped by Dany, and the undead saved them from it.  If they go fight the undead, once the crisis is over Dany will turn around and kill the Lannisters, so leveraging the situation really is their only chance.

The reason is that tall blonde named Brienne of Tarth!

6 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Very good episode, the winterfell scene was performed perfectly. 

Getting tired of waiting once again for Jon to figure out his parentage... :ohnoez:

Ending was epic...it's predictability made it a bit stale for me. 

Time to rewatch...as of now I'd give the entire season a 9/10.

This is probably the difference from other seasons.

The writers gave the audience what they wanted. George denies them what they think they want and gives them what they feared.

Still, very well done finale and season.

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Why is the fire blue?  When I first saw the blue stuff shooting out I assumed it was some kind of frost breath and wondered what the heck he was doing adding more ice to the wall.  But then I saw it was cutting through the wall and just got confused.

Wondered that myself.  No reason other than it looks cool. 

Yeah, I think it's just artistic choice. Just like all White Walker's eyes are that frost blue. One thing that got me were the noticible holes in the wings, like he was already rotting. It was probably done to denote "dead" but c'mon, he was a fresh kill and pretty hard to stay aloft with holes in your wings! :sumo:

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Jaime seemed obtuse to me this episode.  Why did he feel that his own honor was at stake for Cersei promising to send him to battle the undead?  That was Cersei's promise, not his.  Her logic is sound to me--they were just about to get their butts whipped by Dany, and the undead saved them from it.  If they go fight the undead, once the crisis is over Dany will turn around and kill the Lannisters, so leveraging the situation really is their only chance.

Doesn't surprise me at all that you would find sense in that logic ? 

Can only see the tree and not the forest. 

I really hope that Euron is the father of Cersei's child (if she really is pregnant). That would be awesome! I don't think she would do that, though, as she is so focused on preserving the Lanister family.

10 hours ago, sacentaur said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He's young, and it demonstrates that he still has things to learn - if Bran was instantly aware of everything, then there wouldn't be much point to plotting the show.

Bingo! Being able to see everything doesn't equate to knowing everything if you haven't actually taken the chance to look at it. 

8 minutes ago, kimik said:

Another fun part of the action last night was Theon's reaction to the two or three knees to the groin. lol

It's like he was almost thinking "Thanks Ramsay".....

ALMOST.

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Also looking forward to his reunion with Bran. 

That will be very interesting.

Spoiler

While Jamie will certainly be contrite, Bran may forgive him for the attempted murder and instead thank him for what he did because without that act of violence, Bran wouldn't have become the 3-Eyed Raven. hm