• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sellersville Auction
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Some boardies may remember a year or two ago when these folks auctioned some nice GA books.  I won a few.  Drove over and picked them up in person.  The two (very young) employees I dealt with were helpful and enthusiastic and gave me a tour of the place.

Unfortunately, things don't seem to have ended well:  http://www.mcall.com/news/watchdog/mc-sellersville-auction-payment-complaints-watchdog-20170527-column.html

Edited by Sqeggs

27 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Had a similar thing happen here in the UK about ten years ago. Fella happily accepted my consignment - but since he went bankrupt immediately after his auction, he must've known I'd never get paid.

Ouch!  Not much difference between what he did to you and outright theft. :mad:

Iirc, they had just moved to their new place shortly before holding the auction that caught the board's attention.  It looked to me like a new and fairly spacious building.  Sounds like this may be the usual case of a thinly capitalized small business that expands beyond what the owner can handle.

19 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Iirc, they had just moved to their new place shortly before holding the auction that caught the board's attention.  It looked to me like a new and fairly spacious building.  Sounds like this may be the usual case of a thinly capitalized small business that expands beyond what the owner can handle.

No cash flow

1 minute ago, Flex Mentallo said:

No cash flow

I did find it odd that when I stopped by to pay for my winnings, they immediately endorsed my check and handed it over to a guy standing there in a Pennsylvania Power & Light shirt. hm

Just now, Flex Mentallo said:
1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

I did find it odd that when I stopped by to pay for my winnings, they immediately endorsed my check and handed it over to a guy standing there in a Pennsylvania Power & Light shirt. hm

That obvious, huh?

By the last day of the Berk auction, we may all have that "who can I find to lend me some dough" feeling! :)

2 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Sufficient to float the economy of Bolivia no doubt

You can't float Bolivia because it's landlocked.  If it wasn't once a colony, you guys have no idea where a country is. :taptaptap: