• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone bought from www.metropoliscomics.com
2 2

25 posts in this topic

On 6/10/2017 at 11:32 AM, thedude said:

It actually happened to me once..... Once. It was an Action 76, metro grade was 6.75 (that's what they listed it at) and the CGC grade came back a 7.0. But with any raw book it's what you can't see that will cause grade differences. Inside cover tanning, stains, loose staples, etc.

I purchased an nice raw FF # 6 from them in 2012. It came back from CGC at the same grade. They are good graders!

006.JPG

On 6/2/2017 at 4:43 AM, Kevin76 said:

Takes 3 weeks to get your order

If you are lucky lol.

I purchased an early Hulk from them a few years ago and waited the customary 2 weeks for a shipping notification...and waited and waited. I finally called and was told that my book had already been marked to go to San Diego comiccon. They would ship it as soon as it returned to NY. Apparently my comics have more fun than me.

Metropolis is the  best in the business. So many good things to say about them . If not accurate in grading, for certain they are 100% consistent and never far off.Bullet proof packing . Restoration refund guarantee. Seemingly infinite selection. Heck, they even send out Christmas cards.The web site is rather dated. If it is not on Metropolis.com try comicconnect. I buy from them as often as the wallet allows.

On 6/2/2017 at 10:55 AM, entalmighty1 said:

That was about right for my recent purchase.  Bought a raw pedigree book from them, for which they included a COA.  I'll be submitting to CGC in the next few days, so we'll see how it turns out.

Well, the book got the pedigree notation, but CGC didn't agree with the grade assessment.  Metro listed it as a raw VF/NM, came back CGC 7.5.  I didn't care as much about the grade as I did about the cover and pedigree.  Probably won't be able to get my initial investment out of it, but I don't really care.

I bought a 9.8 Fantastic Four 118 around 2003, got it graded a few years ago, it came back a 9.6.  Got a Strange Adventure 134 9.2, it graded 9.2.  But you have to look at the scans, lots of overgraded stuff, you need to know how stress and color breaks impact grade, or you can get screwed.  I've sent about as many books back after receipt  as I've bought and kept.  Bob Storms at highgradecomics.com is the most conservative grader out there, got a bunch of Adventures in the 360 about 5 years back and some Action at 9.4-9.6 that graded 9.6-9.8, best buy I ever had.