• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auction Houses - what's going on ?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

we sort of need the auction houses, but me personally I am very frustrated at this point.

heritage had this item in an auction, bidding was going on, end date would have been in 4 days or so.

Now...now the item is gone. The lot has been withdrawn. Nothing.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/covers/joe-quesada-jimmy-palmiotti-and-dave-mack-daredevil-11-cover-original-art-marvel-2000-/a/121724-12109.s?ic3=ViewItem-Auction-Open-ThisAuction-120115

http://www.comicartfans.com/ForSaleDetails.asp?ArtId=563718

at least they could let us know why. Is it because they want the item be featured in a different Sunday or whatever they call it auction ?

to make more money ? Has the seller withdrawn ? 

i mean you notice an item. You decide to go after it. You prepare by maybe selling a few items to fund for the new piece....and then, nothing ?

i will focus more and more on trading with fellow collectors instead of going after a big ticket item on any of the auction sites.

check my items on caf. I am open for trades, or selling or purchasing.

Nuff said.

4 hours ago, wurstisart said:

Hello,

we sort of need the auction houses, but me personally I am very frustrated at this point.

heritage had this item in an auction, bidding was going on, end date would have been in 4 days or so.

Now...now the item is gone. The lot has been withdrawn. Nothing.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/covers/joe-quesada-jimmy-palmiotti-and-dave-mack-daredevil-11-cover-original-art-marvel-2000-/a/121724-12109.s?ic3=ViewItem-Auction-Open-ThisAuction-120115

http://www.comicartfans.com/ForSaleDetails.asp?ArtId=563718

at least they could let us know why. Is it because they want the item be featured in a different Sunday or whatever they call it auction ?

to make more money ? Has the seller withdrawn ? 

i mean you notice an item. You decide to go after it. You prepare by maybe selling a few items to fund for the new piece....and then, nothing ?

i will focus more and more on trading with fellow collectors instead of going after a big ticket item on any of the auction sites.

check my items on caf. I am open for trades, or selling or purchasing.

Nuff said.

Yeah, that is annoying.  I was the high bidder on that lot when it went poof. :mad:

2 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Yeah, that is annoying.  I was the high bidder on that lot when it went poof. :mad:

I was tracking it too. Glad I didn't cost you more money. lol 

I was stunned to see that Daredevil cover show up in a Sunday auction and figured it had to be some sort of mistake.  I assume it was meant to be included in the Summer auction.  I've never consigned to Heritage, so I don't know anything about their usual procedures, but if I was the consignor of that cover, I'd be pretty upset to see it relegated to a weekly auction.

2 minutes ago, rocket1312 said:

I was stunned to see that Daredevil cover show up in a Sunday auction and figured it had to be some sort of mistake.  I assume it was meant to be included in the Summer auction.  I've never consigned to Heritage, so I don't know anything about their usual procedures, but if I was the consignor of that cover, I'd be pretty upset to see it relegated to a weekly auction.

I got that feeling too. I saw it and let out an audible.."Woah"..

Just noticed that the Bruce Timm Black Panther cover prelim is gone too. 

I'd be surprised (and no doubt disappointed) if these were stopped for any reason relating to the consignor asking they be pulled. It would open the floodgates for others to do the same when panic of auction under performance sets in. I had thought, especially knowing that many pieces were pulled, if these were being held for collateral against a consignor who was in the deficit column of some cash advances.

8 minutes ago, Swartzisgod1 said:

The response I received from Heritage was that the Daredevil 11 cover was pulled because there was a question of the true ownership of the piece. Heritage did not elaborate any further.  

Sure.....

If that is the case it should be shared because that is of interest to all here !