(attempted) Flip of the Day!
10 10

1,008 posts in this topic

3,246 posts
2 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Same-day flips... humans never cease to impress.

Quick. BIN it and say you need to pick it up by Monday otherwise the deal is off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491 posts
2 hours ago, Drewsky said:

flip2.PNG

flip.PNG

Thanks for sharing Drewsky!  The Dr. Strange doesn't offend me too much because the eBay "flip" auction started at a lower price and theoretically could have ended at a price lower than $325.  The Web of Spider-Man page, however...well, good luck with that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
337 posts
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Lee B. said:

Thanks for sharing Drewsky!  The Dr. Strange doesn't offend me too much because the eBay "flip" auction started at a lower price and theoretically could have ended at a price lower than $325.  The Web of Spider-Man page, however...well, good luck with that.  

Yeah, the Doc Strange page went from one no reserve auction to another, rather than going from an auction to a ridiculous BIN price elsewhere. Still, based on the eBay sale against the original purchase price in the other auction (hammer price + 25% BP + shipping + any sales tax), it's not much of a profit...less than $100? But yes, the Web of Spider-Man page, as Lee said, good luck with that.

Edited by lobrac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
138 posts
170 posts
On 5/9/2020 at 2:16 PM, NC101 said:

A slew of Swan/Anderson pages from early 70s Action Comics and Superman issues have been making a steady stream on Heritage Auctions for the last month or more, but not for $999. I guess there's always the hope of an eBay buyer who doesn't know where similar pages can be had more cheaply. If not for COVID-19, I probably would have picked up one myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,900 posts
28 minutes ago, eewwnuk said:

Bwa hahahaha...
that is funny.

Great detective work
Thank you for sharing...

Anyone have an idea who ebay member arthunter_x is?

:golfclap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,465 posts
59 minutes ago, wurstisart said:

Maybe it’s the same person ?

Promoting the piece ?

Yeah, I think its the same owner.  He likely didn't take down his ebay listing after consigning it to clink.

Malvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,465 posts
Just now, malvin said:

Yeah, I think its the same owner.  He likely didn't take down his ebay listing after consigning it to clink.

Malvin

although now that I look at the ebay listing, Brazil is a red flag to me (Sorry any Brazillian boards)

Maybe the ebay listing is a scam

Malvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,465 posts
1 hour ago, malvin said:

although now that I look at the ebay listing, Brazil is a red flag to me (Sorry any Brazillian boards)

Maybe the ebay listing is a scam

Malvin

Now that I read the ebay description its the same person and he is promoting the Clink auction.

Malvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
874 posts
1 hour ago, malvin said:

Now that I read the ebay description its the same person and he is promoting the Clink auction.

Malvin

He's also cross promoting it on CAF.  Just trying to get the most eyes... but once you signed up with Clink, I thought they had exclusive rights to the sale (so , no ebay)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
170 posts
30 minutes ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

He's also cross promoting it on CAF.  Just trying to get the most eyes... but once you signed up with Clink, I thought they had exclusive rights to the sale (so , no ebay)

On ComicLink, it says "Reserve not met yet." So perhaps the ComicLink contact allows it to remain on eBay until the reserve is met. Stay tuned...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,117 posts

Claims he is using ebay for advertisement which seems like an odd route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,948 posts

I just don’t get this market sometimes. This page was put up on CAF about two weeks ago by a different seller for $13K if I’m remembering correctly. Now it’s for sale from the new owner for ‘taking offers’. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1634927

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,195 posts
6 hours ago, cloud cloddie said:

I just don’t get this market sometimes. This page was put up on CAF about two weeks ago by a different seller for $13K if I’m remembering correctly. Now it’s for sale from the new owner for ‘taking offers’. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1634927

Greed, and a dash of stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,565 posts
2 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Greed, and a dash of stupid.

How can you assume greed without knowing the price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
10 10