• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berk Collection Auction Wins
5 5

411 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Great story...in this case you can know that the winner would have paid a lot more ...maybe that will make you feel better 

Am i misreading this or did you win this GAtor? 

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
2 hours ago, jcb193 said:

It does, and now I feel a little bad that I cost them more than they needed to spend, but I figured there was someone out there that wanted this at any price, and I couldn't compete with that.  Grats winner!  I gave it my best shot!

That's what auctions are for, never feel bad bidding what you are willing to pay for a book!

Exactly.  No need to feel bad because some other greedy dude refused to be outbid by you.

Plus, Jon is probably absolutely delighted by this story.lol

6 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

lol what a replay! I've done the same thing 3 times before. Won 1, lost 2. 

I try to avoid bidding in the extended bidding phase. Something clicks in the brain and impulse takes over. Thank goodness I didn't win any of the Church Jungles in a previous CC auction. I was gutted at the time. I also found it incredibly, heart-poundingly frustrating to be outbid with 10 seconds to go on every single book.

So this time I just put in my max well before, and watched 'em play out. Was sure I'd get outbid, but it never happened.

On 6/14/2017 at 9:31 PM, MrBedrock said:

Wow! Congrats Greg. That is awesome!:golfclap:

On 6/14/2017 at 9:29 PM, batman_fan said:

Might as well post it here too.

greenGiant1.jpg

I love this! Big congrats!!!@ 

10 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I had a very good night...

sil1.211a.jpg

I would love to see this someday, especially if you ever crack it out. I was talking to a buddy last night and I was considering whether or not to bid, because I thought it would be stunning. Those metallic inks in the title banner....

Really nice pickup. 

3 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

I hummed and hawed about these and decided to fully commit only as the endgames played out. One more increment, and I was out on either one. High prices, but I have other copies to flip, or I wouldnt've gone in at all. I might never see copies with these colors again, and that's what it's about for me. I also think this single auction will begin to alter our thinking about resto - especially minor resto. I guess time will tell. But if it's good enough for the great JB, it's certainly good enough for the likes of me.

Planet 5.jpg

pla1.jpg

The Planet 18 is spectacular! I was very tempted to bit on it. Nice pick up.

Ken

Michael, would love to see a rescan of the Planet #18 when you get it. Curious if the background color is as reddish-purple as it looks in this scan vs. the bluish-purple tones we usually see.