• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berk Collection Auction Wins
5 5

411 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, circumstances said:

so, there's no way to search the results for what's already been sold?

i'm not on their email list.

Unless you have the item in your watchlist or have saved the link or have the email, no.

5 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Unless you have the item in your watchlist or have saved the link or have the email, no.

I don't understand CC's reason for making it so difficult to see sales. Who keeps E-Mails around anymore ? 

4 hours ago, circumstances said:

so, there's no way to search the results for what's already been sold?

i'm not on their email list.

It's kind of surprising, but a quick check of their site doesn't show any apparent way to do so.  Like others, I rely on the comprehensive links in their e-mails.  If you're interested, you might be able to contact them and have them send you those e-mails.  They seem to be pulling out all the stops in promoting this auction.  Given there's still three nights left, I would guess they will accommodate you.

8 minutes ago, jcb193 said:

I'm a long time lurker, but I'll post.  Grabbed this book (1 of my three grails).  Not sure whether I overpaid or not.  I personally hate trimming more than anything (page quality doesn't mean as much to me in slabbed books these days, especially since many of them are probably rotting in their cases as they sit in warm areas or on people's walls), but it is trimmed.   It seemed like a decent price and is crazy overpriced in blue label right now.  This has always been one of my favorite covers.  Maybe the unrelaxed positioning of the heroes, the simplicity of the cover, or the haunting appeal of the yellow.  I just love this book.  I've sometimes felt regret the next day after a large purchase.  Don't regret this one.

all3.1860a.jpg

Major score there! Congrats!

20 minutes ago, jcb193 said:

I'm a long time lurker, but I'll post.  Grabbed this book (1 of my three grails).  Not sure whether I overpaid or not.  I personally hate trimming more than anything (page quality doesn't mean as much to me in slabbed books these days, especially since many of them are probably rotting in their cases as they sit in warm areas or on people's walls), but it is trimmed.   It seemed like a decent price and because All Star 3 is crazy overpriced in blue label right now, I took the plunge.  This has always been one of my favorite covers.  Maybe the unrelaxed positioning of the heroes, the simplicity of the cover, or the haunting appeal of the yellow.  I just love this book. I do hate the PLOD (not so much for the restoration, but the color purple just clashes with so many comic book covers). I wish CGC would do something like CBCS on restored books.

I've sometimes felt regret the next day after a large purchase.  I don't regret this one.

all3.1860a.jpg

Iconic book, congrats! And one heck of a way to come out of lurk mode!

1 minute ago, entalmighty1 said:

Maybe people are paranoid about posting wins?  May hurt some feelings to realize you're an underbidder to someone around here!

All the wins are being posted over in the other Berk thread: 

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I have yet to purchase a single book from CC until this auction here, and yet I have been on their mailing list since forever. 

That's because you're comic collecting royalty by virtue of having attended the Geppi Vault Opening, the greatest event in comic collecting history.

31 minutes ago, tth2 said:
6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I have yet to purchase a single book from CC until this auction here, and yet I have been on their mailing list since forever. 

That's because you're comic collecting royalty by virtue of having attended the Geppi Vault Opening, the greatest event in comic collecting history.

No you di-int

43 minutes ago, Johnny545 said:

I meant to post my wins but had issues with photobucket.  

I'll try to post again tomorrow.

You can just copy the image from CC and paste directly in the post.

5 minutes ago, rjpb said:

You can just copy the image from CC and paste directly in the post.

Yikes, I should know that by now.  I won the All New 8 and Amazing Mystery v2/6.  I'll have to locate, copy and post.  If any one beats me to it, many thanks.

1 hour ago, Johnny545 said:

Yikes, I should know that by now.  I won the All New 8 and Amazing Mystery v2/6.  I'll have to locate, copy and post.  If any one beats me to it, many thanks.

That was a nice pickup on the AMF V2#6 as it's just an absolutely beautiful book with its bright colors.  :cloud9:

I would have gone harder after that one, but decided to focus more on the AMF V2#2 since it didn't have the spine split seal, already broken out in the price guide, and also feel that it is slightly tougher to find in grade relative to AMF V2#6.

At least that was my analysis during those 3-minute extended bidding time periods, but now that I think about it more, I probably should have gone harder after both of these books after the AMF V1#1 blew past my price range.  (shrug)