• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any boardies planning to go to san diego comic con?
2 2

82 posts in this topic

Any boardies planning to go to san diego comic con?

Just over a month away. Wondering if anyone has made any plans yet.  

Wondering too if there will be another panel on art collecting. Last year it didnt go that great. Although I am sure it would go smoothly if Art afficionado was doing it.

Edited by Panelfan1

If everything works out according to plan (mailing the badges doesn't sound like a good idea for overseas attendees even though I can use an US address) I will be there for the whole stretch, Wednesday (Preview night) to Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Caltex98 said:

If everything works out according to plan (mailing the badges doesn't sound like a good idea for overseas attendees even though I can use an US address) I will be there for the whole stretch, Wednesday (Preview night) to Sunday. 

If you have a choice - just get them in person when you arrive. The line up is actually not that bad if you dont come too early. Let the eager line up.. and then walk in more quickly a few hours later.  

31 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

If you have a choice - just get them in person when you arrive. The line up is actually not that bad if you dont come too early. Let the eager line up.. and then walk in more quickly a few hours later.  

That was the catch this year - no pickup on site even for professionals (if you don't register after June 8th when the badges will start go out which of course was not an option). Usually I pick up my badge around 4 o'clock when the pro line is gone, have dinner, and return to the convention center at 6 for Preview night. Oh well, it will probably work out one way or another...:) It usually do.

I am heading to SDCC this year.  Have not been for 4 years.  Been going since 1994.  It has changed a lot since then.  This year I will be planning on dropping off some key silver age to be graded at CGC.  Any suggestions on getting this done?  Head right to the CGC booth on Thursday morning? (I can't be there on Wed).

I hope everyone has a great time.  I am sure I will!

It frustrates me to no end that I have a buddy who will hook me up with passes but I can't justify flying out there and the hotel bill as I am going to california a month later for my bro's wedding.

On 6/21/2017 at 6:36 PM, npasto said:

I've gone the last four years, but I couldn't get a ticket this year. Tried in the returning registration and open registration with no luck.

Also struck out on tix - the con needs to provide dealers tix to sell as a formal part of their booth fees so they can ensure their customers can get in!