• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Talking about series that have ended
1 1

21 posts in this topic

I didn't want anymore after the first one. The purpose of doing a limited non-cannon series is because the story itself is limited. It has a beginning, a middle, and a definitive end... a mode that comic book authors are traditionally loathe to employ. The arc of that original story was nearly perfect for the characters involved, and in my mind, that should have been that. I have the same opinion about Watchmen, but at least with the DKR follow ups, Frank is involved, and (obviously) he can do anything he wants to do with his stories, but my preference is as stated.

I would much rather seen him do something new... say what you will about Moore and his current projects, but in my mind he is doing it right, he is pursuing new stories that interest him. Moore doesn't really seem to go back to the well. He keeps trying to dig new ones, and I respect that, even though he hasn't managed to dig quite so deeply as he has in the past. I don't mean to imply that Frank's visits back to the well are inherently bad, because I don't believe that and as I said I haven't read them anyway, but I can't help but have a sense of... dilution... of the original arc due to their addition. But that is probably on me and not anyone else.