• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Selling A Small Collection of Mega Keys Slabs Flash 105, Green Lantern 1, JLA 1, IM 55+++ More
1 1

31 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, BruceParker said:

Yes the back cover came with the book. It was detached like that way back when I bought the comic. 

My question is do you have it now? It comes with the book now if you buy it?

7 minutes ago, BruceParker said:

Yes the back cover came with the book. It was detached like that way back when I bought the comic. 

What the hell?!  Did you call CGC?  They should have fixed that for you unless that back cover doesn't really go with the book.

15 minutes ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

What the hell?!  Did you call CGC?  They should have fixed that for you unless that back cover doesn't really go with the book.

Oh yeah I called them about it the minute it arrived. They told me in some conditions for the safety of the book they wouldn't grade it with the cover. So they didn't grade it complete and sent it back incomplete. The covers were detached, but the  a book was complete. Ididn't know what to do then as sending the one book back would cost me a fortune, and what if the same result happened again? It's definitely the same back cover. I didn't include some random cover for the heck of it. Should I maybe give it another try? The rep I spoke with back in January about it wasn't all that helpful honestly.

Edited by BruceParker

47 minutes ago, BruceParker said:

Oh yeah I called them about it the minute it arrived. They told me in some conditions for the safety of the book they wouldn't grade it with the cover. So they didn't grade it complete and sent it back incomplete. The covers were detached, but the  a book was complete. Ididn't know what to do then as sending the one book back would cost me a fortune, and what if the same result happened again? It's definitely the same back cover. I didn't include some random cover for the heck of it. Should I maybe give it another try? The rep I spoke with back in January about it wasn't all that helpful honestly.

That's crazy.   I think they probably made a mistake.   I've got a few books that the cover is completely split and the back cover is within the slab.

1 hour ago, BruceParker said:

I believe you but none of this makes any sense. In my experience, if they didn't think it was safe to encapsulate my book, they would simply send the book back ungraded. For them to encapsulate it without the back cover and then give you an Incomplete grade was not fair to you. I think you talked to the wrong person. You should have asked for a grader.  CGC is very good about making things right. Call them again. Oh and be sure to report back to us here !

1 hour ago, BruceParker said:

That sounds like my experience calling CGC.  :p

9 hours ago, BruceParker said:

Well now I'm curious. Here is a picture of the back cover. Can anyone confirm if this the actual back cover of the book? This is what was tagged when they didn't grade the book all as one. 

IMG_20170622_020758262.jpg

Take a look on E-Bay, the BC to JLA #1 is revolutionary War Soldiers. This explains it, it is not the correct BC. Ouch.

No that's the inner cover, the outer cover is the revolutionary war one as noted. It may be the incorrect cover; either way I didn't spend very much on it. It would just be nice to have a complete copy. That and I don't want to sell it with the back cover if it's not the right one.

Until I figure out the back cover issue, I better hold off on selling that one. The rest are all still for sale.

Edited by BruceParker