• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berk -indy art day

6 posts in this topic

So - this stuff is not the golden age art everyone was excited about, but it made my heart skip when I saw it in the Jon Berk auction. 

Back in the late 80s I loved a lot of the indy comics coming out.  Funny animal books were a thing.  Tmnt and cerebus were big obsessions but I also loved all the new titles coming out of a small publisher called Aircel.  Elflord was one of my favorites.

I was surprised by the closing price on these as I really didnt think there was much interest out there.  If a boardie was the underbidder, let me know. Its great to meet other fans.

Anyway - if you were a fan of any of that stuff coming out back then, please show us some indy boom art.

Indy gallery on CAF

ebKiEutm_1306172347081gpadd.jpg

nvq7yNuq_1306172355191gpadd.jpg

Edited by Panelfan1

32 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Love it.    I noticed them right away in the catalog too but forgot about them.   What did they set you back?   Congrats!

I actually forgot about them until the day of the auction.  

Just checked out your CAF, when did you get the hsu cover?   I like it.    I love this era of books also

Edited by Bronty

3 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Anyway - if you were a fan of any of that stuff coming out back then, please show us some indy boom art.

Indy gallery on CAF

Oh, wow - didn't realize that was your CAF gallery!  Lots of cool pieces there that I've admired for a while. (thumbsu 

Not sure what happened to the caf link at the bottom of each post.  Used to have that in the old threads. Tried activating it several times - but hasnt worked.