• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 2 directed by Patty Jenkins (11/1/19)
3 3

1,313 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Fair enough as there is no debating that portion of Act 3.

But as far as it deemed 'weak' I guess that comes down how you define this. To me a film like X-Men Origins: Wolverine had one of the weakest third acts of superhero films after all that buildup in the first two acts. Ryan Reynolds coming back years later to make up for that act was a huge gift to wash away that pain.

The difference being that XMO:W was trash throughout, with the exception of Hugh Jackman.

8 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

The difference being that XMO:W was trash throughout, with the exception of Hugh Jackman.

What I liked about the first two acts of XO:W is how it was influenced by Origin #1-6, Wolverine Vol. 2 #10 and Wolverine Vol. 2 #48-50. Even MCP #72-83.

When they went off the rails and went with that Act 3 mess, all inspirations from any comic book disappeared.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

What I liked about the first two acts of XO:W is how it was influenced by Origin #1-6, Wolverine Vol. 2 #10 and Wolverine Vol. 2 #48-50. Even MCP #72-83.

When they went off the rails and went with that Act 3 mess, all inspirations from any comic book disappeared.

If you like; You like it. I'm sure that I like some trash films, too. Hel, that one guy likes Captain Marvel! ;)

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

What, no love for MCP #84??

Regardless, that movie definitely claims a spot on any "10 top worst movies" list I'd compile.  So much rich source material, yet such poor execution.

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

What, no love for MCP #84??

The movie excluded that influence.

:baiting:

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

Regardless, that movie definitely claims a spot on any "10 top worst movies" list I'd compile.  So much rich source material, yet such poor execution.

It really is sad as they had all the keys to the kingdom to make this movie a massive hit. And just threw it away.

Kind of like Matthew Vaughn sharing he had sketched out a franchise and then Fox executives fell so in love with Days of Future Past they jumped ahead without the planned sequel. And that movie was leaning into casting Tom Hardy as Wolverine.

“Wonder Woman 1984” will play in cinemas in the U.K. for just one month from Dec. 16 before potentially getting a premium video-on-demand (PVOD) release on Sky, Variety can reveal.

It’s understood that the deal between Warner Bros. and Comcast-backed pay-TV operator Sky isn’t yet complete and exact terms are still being hammered out, but discussions are in advanced stages. While the blockbuster sequel starring Gal Gadot won’t appear in theaters and on the movie service day and date, the move signifies unprecedented flexibility on the part of the country’s exhibitors.

Sources indicate that the Wednesday, Dec. 16 theatrical release date for “Wonder Woman 1984” first mooted by Warners last week in its international release plan has now been confirmed with local exhibitors. Meanwhile, it’s believed that “Wonder Woman 1984” could drop on Sky as early as one month after the movie hits theaters, though this isn’t yet confirmed. The film could appear in various forms on Sky — for example, it may be rented via a standard transactional VOD deal through Sky Store, and then land on movie service Sky Cinema.

Sky Cinema, which is also offered as part of Sky SVOD service Now TV, is available in the U.K. and Ireland, Germany, Austria and Italy, though it’s unclear whether “Wonder Woman 1984” will be made available in all these countries.

The Sky deal is a clear sign of the times in the U.K. and it’s worth noting that exhibitors are keen for the arrangement to be an exception made in extraordinary circumstances rather than the rule going forward.

“What we’re doing on the basis of trying to help out the studios and our partners is to look at an emergency COVID window which is just the maximum amount of flexibility to get movies onto screens,” says a senior source close to U.K. discussions, who assures the “Wonder Woman 1984” scenario “isn’t setting up a precedent for the future, but acknowledging that we’re finding ways of working together.”

Another combination release approach.

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Wondering if I should sign up for HBO Max when WW84 comes out, and then cancel until ZSJL comes out?

Or maybe I should see WW84 in theaters?

hm

I signed for HBO Max and am pretty impressed by what they have. I'd say give the free trial a spin and decide from there.

9 minutes ago, D84 said:

I signed for HBO Max and am pretty impressed by what they have. I'd say give the free trial a spin and decide from there.

I have to agree about HBO Max.

WarnerMedia's rollout plan has been weak. But the content is topnotch, including new and legacy. And even when they realized BVS Ultimate Cut is really what viewers wanted, within two weeks they swapped them out.

5 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I thought you were trying to entice me into signing up...?

How about this?

‘Matrix 4,’ ‘Dune,’ 2021 WB Slate Debuting on HBO Max and in Theaters – Variety
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/warner-bros-hbo-max-theaters-dune-matrix-4-1234845342/

10 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

I doubt any cinemas will open in the UK for the rest of this year.

They are open here but I have no interest in going to one until the vaccine is well on its way.